812 on Windows 7 (6.1.7601) HTML Dev Client: MENUS won't load

tiradoj

tiradoj

Well Known Member
Hello Fellow CNCers

Older release and having a brain fart. I had this all configured and customer wanted to move to newer set of Windows 7 machines (with more recent security updates)
so I had to rebuild from scratch 5 years later. :)

I cannot get the HTML Dev client menu to load: I get this error in jderoot.log

21 Nov 2017 17:11:19,933 [SEVERE] - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource Local - DV812. com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'sa'.

I believe I have the right sqljdbc. jar file (date 10/11/2007)

The paths are set right-I can log into to the Local - DV812 data source (JDELocal_DV812) using sa and the not so secrete password XXXXXX11

Document I found on Oracle.com mentions making sure sa password is encrypted but I cannot do that with ReconconfigureMSDE in GUI because GUI looks for SQL Svr agent service to bounce
and that is not available in the SQL Server 2005 (9.00.2047) on x86 Express version.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Joe Tirado

I solved it! :) I think by either changing the JDE SPEC DATA parms in jdbj.ini and / or changing the ODBC data source to use Window authentication to local dbs because of the sa encrypted password requirement,

Back