Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Capturing JDEDEBUGLOG for specfic user ID on Ent server

  1. #1
    Senior Member johndanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,215

    Capturing JDEDEBUGLOG for specfic user ID on Ent server

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to capture on the ENT Server a JDEDEBUGLOG of a specific user ID vs finding their COK and debugging that.

    We have an intermittent issue with an interface process we have which runs under a specific user ID and I want to capture a log for it.
    CNC are saying they can only capture a log of the COK, not a specific user IDs actions.

    So 2 questions.

    1) Can we capture an ENT log log of a specific USER Id only

    (if 1) is not possible then anyone else could start using my COK, so....)

    2) Can we direct a USER ID to a specific COK and preserve it for this user ID only. (so a clean log)

    Thanks

    John
    Last edited by johndanter; 09-11-2017 at 02:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member johndanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,215
    No one have an idea?

  3. #3
    Member nkuebelbeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    482
    Only way i know of grabbing logs per user is on the JAS server. only logging I've ever seen is COK level.

    if you can do option 2 that would be your best bet.
    Analyst/Developer
    E1: 9.2 | TR: 9.2.1.4 | JAS: WebLogic | ES: OS400
    DB: DB2 | WebDev Client: Win7Pro (64 bit), VS 2010

  4. #4
    Member Tom_Davidson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuebelbeck View Post
    if you can do option 2 that would be your best bet.
    If anyone knows how to do this, I'd love to know how also.

    Tom
    Cleindori Consulting
    8.12/8.98.4.4, 9.1/9.1.5.3, 9.2/9.2.0.5/6
    IBM i, WebLogic on Windows, DBCS, Global installations.

  5. #5
    Take a look at this Oracle document - E1: KER: How to Set Up Exclusive Call Object Kernel for a Specific User (Doc ID 1348748.1).

    But this is for CallObject sessions originating from the Web Layer. You mentioned this was for an interface , so not sure how the BSFN call is coming in ? XMLCallObject or some other Interop method ?

    If the above document does not address your needs you could try the recycle kernel option after you have connected your interface session to it , and then kindly ask the other users attached to the kernel to log off ;-) , then your interface ID should be the only one connected to it
    EnterpriseOne Xe to 9.2
    Windows/ Unix / AS400
    Oracle , SQL Server, DB2
    WAS , WLS
    AppWorx, Tidal , SmartScheduler

  6. #6
    Member Tom_Davidson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_cube210 View Post
    Take a look at this Oracle document - E1: KER: How to Set Up Exclusive Call Object Kernel for a Specific User (Doc ID 1348748.1).
    Thanks for the Doc, I don't like the bAllowOneUserOnly=1 requirement, but for something I can do in non-prod I could live with it.

    Tom
    Cleindori Consulting
    8.12/8.98.4.4, 9.1/9.1.5.3, 9.2/9.2.0.5/6
    IBM i, WebLogic on Windows, DBCS, Global installations.

  7. #7
    Senior Member johndanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,215
    Thanks for the doc link. I'll have a read

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by johndanter View Post
    Hi all,

    Is it possible to capture on the ENT Server a JDEDEBUGLOG of a specific user ID vs finding their COK and debugging that.

    We have an intermittent issue with an interface process we have which runs under a specific user ID and I want to capture a log for it.
    CNC are saying they can only capture a log of the COK, not a specific user IDs actions.

    So 2 questions.

    1) Can we capture an ENT log log of a specific USER Id only

    (if 1) is not possible then anyone else could start using my COK, so....)

    2) Can we direct a USER ID to a specific COK and preserve it for this user ID only. (so a clean log)

    Thanks

    John
    You can in fact do something like this:

    In Server Manager open the User Sessions tab for the HTML instance the user is logged in to. Note the PID value in the Remote Environments column. This will be the Process ID of the COK on your Enterprise Server. You can then view that jde_nnnn.log file or dynamically enable debugging for the COK. You can go to Process Detail for the Enterprise Server in Server Manager to do this or perform other process functions.

    If you enable debugging for that COK the lines in the log will include the USER ID. You can dynamically turn debug on and off so that you can capture the debug log for short periods of time. You'll end up with a large log since it sounds like your issue is intermittent but it's worth a try.


    Let me know if you have further questions.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft.