SBL - Subledger Length Issue

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
The Data Item SBL is 8 char long. Someone created Business Unit with more than 8 chars.
Now, we are unable to use Sub Ledger for Business Unit ( sub ledger type C).

What is the alternative way to put these kind of BUs in sub ledger.

You can use subledger type "X" and then the subledger field can be used as freeform text. The only downside is there is no validation because it is a freeform subledger type.

You can use cost objects with advanced cost accounting. I believe those are a character length of 12, but those fields will not populate in the F0902 and only be available in the F0911.

Oh !

I cannot. Because I have to generate report ( based on Trial Balance) on the sub ledger level.

you could create a custom report or query to pull the information from the F0911 and create a trial balance that way. If you're looking for something in the F0902, you're out of luck unless you go the route of creating sub accounts as truncated versions of these BUs that you are unable to assign as subledgers. Otherwise, create new BU's that fit into the 8 character subledger requirement and transfer the balances/detail/accounts to the new BUs.

Gina,
It's okay. But why Oracle do not validate BU while creating it. It should not allow more than eight chars. Right ?

Oracle has this field configured to be 12 characters so as long as it is within 12 characters it conforms the JDE for business unit setup. To me, it would make more sense to expand the subledger to 12 characters, but that would be an enhancement to be requested to Oracle (if one doesn't already exist). Until such time, it is either a business process decision or a report customization decision if the desire is to utilize MCU's longer than 8 characters.

What do you mean Now, we are unable to use Sub Ledger for Business Unit ( sub ledger type C). ??
Is an E1 screen giving you an error or is a report you use not working? SUB is 8 so you are stuck as it's a DD item change, so maybe look at the code that doesn't like or populates the SUB field.

Or change your MCU :)

There is this bug. Keep an eye on it as there are several more.
https://support.oracle.com/epmos/fa...afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=c9zmz114g_165

Last edited:
Back