How to Print Multiple WO

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi folks,

We use R31410 to select WOs at a certain status and then go on to call R31415 to print them out.

When I try and print many WOs the PDF output is a right mess and not clear where one WO starts and where one WO ends.

The site will have 100s of WOs to print out and they want them all on one PDF that they just click print once. Rather than having 10 click print 100 times

How have other people got around the fact R31415 doesn't seem to like multiple WOs.

Thanks

John

Last edited:
John,

we batch print many work orders together every day. Not sure about the "not clear where one WO starts and where one WO ends" but that's because we customized the WO Print UBE in many ways. The customizations most applicable to your issue are:
1. Print a Cover Page for each WO (see attachment for sample)
2. Print a **** End of Work Order **** line at the end of each Work Order
3. Reset the Page Number back to 1 for each WO.
WO Banner Page Example.jpg

Cheers Larry, what I failed to add someone made this output a BI template and it's gotten in a mess.

The sequence should be Header, Parts Lists, Routings, repeat. but the UBE seems to be repeating the header too many times. So I think I'll have to get my big red coding eraser out and make the XML more readable.

With BI Publisher, you have the template document (e.g. an RTF file), and then you have the source UBE output (e.g. an XML file). They both have to be coded to work together, so it may be the template or it may be the UBE that needs to be changed -- or both!

With BI Publisher, you have the template document (e.g. an RTF file), and then you have the source UBE output (e.g. an XML file). They both have to be coded to work together, so it may be the template or it may be the UBE that needs to be changed -- or both!

Yeah it's a bit of both Don, the XML is a right mess (due to the UBE flow) which makes the RTF output a mess when more than one WO is selected

Back