Attempting to make R3190 Repost Work With WO AND WM Work Order Types - No Dice

bigwebb83

So I can't imagine that what I'm trying to do here is unique. But it is giving me fits. The organization runs both manufacturing and maintenance work orders (WO and WM). The WO's use numeric statuses, while the WM's use alpha statuses. My problem is coming with R3190. If I set the processing option for clear and repost to a numeric status, it works perfectly for my manufacturing work orders, but it ends up clearing all of the commitments for our equipment work orders and not reposting. So essentially, it leaves our maintenance managers with no visibility into commitments on their supply and demand reports.

So onto my question.... How to get both to work? Should I add data selection and make two separate versions for two separate doc types? Or am I over complicating the issue?

I would suggest what you already proposed, two different versions with data selection by document type. As you seem to want these to function differently, it does not make sense that combining them would have the same effect. We have to do similar carve outs on different sales order types, etc.

Doc Type isn't even an available processing option. I realize I can add it, but it would seem as though we are certainly not the first organization to run both types of work orders using commits. Surely Oracle has another way around this. Otherwise, I have to think they at least would've included a way to differentiate in the out of box processing options.

Back