Fixed Asset - Change in Depreciation Months

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
We are migrating from 'Excel' fixed assets to JDE. The 'Excel' people defined depreciation life for a group of assets as 120 months but we have the same kind of category of asset in JDE with 96 months.

In effect, there will be asset with NBV value greater than zero but asset is depreciated ( while calculating 120 to 96 months)

What is the best way to migrate the information to JDE ? I run the depreciation in proof mode, and the report writes all the NBV to current month depreciation to make the NBV zero. Is this okay ?

If the assets themselves are on the books as depreciating over 120 months, why wouldn't change the depreciable life on these excel assets when loading into E1 to reflect 120 months? This value is not locked based on asset category as it can be overridden so long as you have the corresponding schedule set up for 120 months.

I think, the link between Asset Master and Depr. Default Coding is the Major Accounting Class.
How can I override the asset life months without changing the Major Accounting Class.

That's all that is - it's a default. Users with the assigned security have the flexibility to change the life periods, the business unit, GL accounts used, and depreciation method from the Depreciation Information P1202 attached to the asset record.

Back