AR Aging an it's categories

scorpio_scorpio

Hello,

We do invoicing twice a month hence on 15th and last day of the month.

Currently my aging category are set like this (-15,30,60,90,120,180,365,730)

I am having issues with my April aging. Invoicing done on 31/03/2017 is being included in 0-30 days buckets whereas it should be in 31-60 days.

Appreciate your immediate guidance.

Which aging program are you using? (e.g. R03B4201B)
What processing options are you using?

yes I am using R03B4201B

My processing options are like below

2. Aging Date=30/04/2017

3. Date Type=1 (Invoice Date)

4. Aging method= 1(Aging days)

5-10. Aging Categories ( -15,30,60,90,120,365)

Since you are using aging days it SHOULD be in the 0-30 days since April 30th is 30 days after March 31st. You can maybe change you aging periods from 30 to 29 but then the problem is that you will need to adjust based upon which month you are in. You may need to tweak with your processing options or switch to using fiscal periods.

Also what are your process options for Aging Tab "#1 Aging Specifications"?

Mike,

My aging specification is blank means I am using processing options.

I tested fiscal periods, it works fine but I cannot use it due complex calculation of provisions for certain aging periods when I use R03B155 and I have more aging categories.

And if I change my days to 29 for the month of April it works fine but disturbs over 120 aging.

I need to come up with Aging categories solution where exactly two invoices are shown in each month, regardless of 30 or 31 days month.

I think fiscal periods would work for you as it was intended to 'group' by your period as defined in the calendar setup.
But if this is causing issues with provisions then I'm not sure what to tell you.

What about changing the process option for 'Date Type' and set it to something other than invoice date? Maybe you can use something else like statement date or due date? You can enter the due date at time of entry and use the month ending date or something like that. Just a suggestion...

Back