Symantec Backup is failing after Deployment

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
We have daily backup after 9 pm. We are using Symantec Backup Exec 2014.
Some time we are getting Media mount failed error and backup is goes 'in the queue'.
It always happens in the below conditions:
1- Package is deployed after backup time, ie. after 9 pm.
2- Package deployment is unsuccessful.

And it happened a couple of times even not in the above conditions. So does the package deployment procedure locks some files ?
The Symantec log is shown below
Code:
set_resource_name>\\JDDEP01\D:</set_resource_name> 
  <tape_name>Family Name: "Media created 5/2/2017 9:00:03 PM"</tape_name> 
- <volume>
  <display_volume_as_alias>Backup of "\\JDDEP01\D:"</display_volume_as_alias> 
  </volume>
  <description>Backup set #83 on storage media #2 Backup set description: ""</description> 
  <backup_type>Backup Method: Full - Back up files (using modified time)</backup_type> 
  <start_time>Backup started on 5/16/2017 at 2:57:08 AM.</start_time> 
  <media_mount_date>Drive and media mount requested: 5/16/2017 3:51:40 AM</media_mount_date> 
  <OperationErrors Type="media_mount_failed">[COLOR="#FF0000"]Media mount failed.[/COLOR]</OperationErrors> 
  <OperationErrors Type="error">User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.</OperationErrors> 
- <OperationErrors Type="user_tape_abort">

Yes, JDE processes lock files, they also add and remove files. It is generally recommended to exclude JDE directories from scans, especially, if there is no guaranteed quiet time on the server. This way, you scan the server operating system and other directories that are likely to be attacked/affected by malware/viruses but JDE is free to lock/add/remove files as needed during its processes.

JMast,

Thank you very much for the reply.
But I am wondering by the word 'scan' :confused:.
I don't have issue with system scan, but I have issue with Backup.

Yep, I see the confusion. I saw Symantec and went to virus software since they are a large provider of antivirus. My reply is useless to your issue. My apologies.

Accepted the apologies :p
It was Symantec, now the non security division is part of Veritas.

Anyway, a +1 for the info on locks.

Back