iSeries dynamic image not working with QNTC

rmkjde

rmkjde

Syntax for dynamic image not working with QNTC

Hopefully one of you BIP/AS400 gurus can get us over the hump on this.
I swear we've read 1000 posts, documents, etc. and we are quite close.
Thanks to several of you for all the forum posts about dynamic images using a dummy image and alt text.

Using a Fat Client, Word2010, we are successfully pulling an image (.jpg) dynamically from a network shared folder:
.rtf built using Word2010
report variable: LOGOURL_ID165
dummy image alt text Title section: url:{//LOGOURL_ID165}
retrieving Address Book>Who's Who>Internet Email Address for the logo location: //SAN/SHARED/LOGOS/logo1.jpg

On the iSeries
QNTC which can "see" the network servers, shared folders, and the image
JDE and ONEWORLD have full security to the directories and document
Userids and passwords for servers are all the same
I've tried leaving everything the same including with logo location, which I was confident wouldn't work.......but tried.
Changed the logo location to: //QNTC/SAN/SHARED/LOGOS/logo1.jpg no image appeared
Changed the logo location to: /QNTC/SAN/SHARED/LOGOS/logo1.jpg no image appeared

Changed the alt text title section to: url:{LOGOURL_ID165} (took out the two slashes)
logo location: //QNTC/SAN/SHARED/LOGOS/logo1.jpg no image appeared
Changed the logo location to: /QNTC/SAN/SHARED/LOGOS/logo1.jpg no image appeared
Changed the alt text title section to: url:{/LOGOURL_ID165} (took out the two slashes)
logo location: //QNTC/SAN/SHARED/LOGOS/logo1.jpg no image appeared
Changed the logo location to: QNTC/SAN/SHARED/LOGOS/logo1.jpg no image appeared

I've read through logs, debug logs for the batch job, XML Publisher logs.........but I am not seeing any issues.

ANY advice would be more than welcome!!

Last edited:
Almost positive issue is the way the password is being passed between the servers (either sending all uppercase or passing non-encrypted)
For time sake, we decided we'd handle the debugging of the with system owner passwords at another time. So leaving the logos on the IFS on the iSeries/AS400.

For those who are interested in iSeries syntax:

Using a Fat Client, Word2010, we are successfully pulling an image (.jpg) dynamically from IFS:

retrieving Address Book>Who's Who>Internet Email Address using the Hierarchy Code for the logo location:
/LOGOS/logo1.jpg

Almost positive issue is the way the password is being passed between the servers (either sending all uppercase or passing non-encrypted)
For time sake, we decided we'd handle the debugging of the with system owner passwords at another time. So leaving the logos on the IFS on the iSeries/AS400.

For those who are interested in iSeries syntax:

Using a Fat Client, Word2010, we are successfully pulling an image (.jpg) dynamically from IFS:

retrieving Address Book>Who's Who>Internet Email Address using the Hierarchy Code for the logo location:
/LOGOS/logo1.jpg

Hi Rhonda,

Have you found the solution to your problem?

I am experiencing similar issues with my client. We were using IFS fine. Logos/signatures were being pulled successfully by BI Publisher from the IFS folder, and the BIP PDFs were being saved in the IFS folders as defined in P95641. When we switched to QNTC, I updated the archive paths in P95641, but the PDFs were not being saved in the new folders.

Rey Cabanban
Senior EnterpriseOne Consultant
E1 9.2 TR 9.2.1.1 OS400

We found the solution. BI Publisher was running with user ONEWORLD. Once we created ONEWORLD in Active Directory and synchronized the password, the BI Publisher PDFs were saved to the mapped QNTC folders.

Thank you for replying with the solution that worked for you! We have been successful in using IFS for now. When we revisit the topic, we will definitely keep this in mind. I do think it's userid/password/case-sensitive related.

Back