Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's the big announcements out of Collaborate?

Cool What's the big announcements out of Collaborate?

Oracle usually saves something big to announce at Collaborate. For those of us unable to attend, can someone pass on any word of the big ne shiny things?
    Independent Consultant, Larkinville Associates, LLC
    XE thru 9.2

I'm sure it will be a CLOUD love fest!!
    Hall Barricklow - Barritek Solutions
    hall@barritek.com
    www.barritek.com

Just received this Collaborate Keynote screenshot from a coworker there at collaborate.

FYI for those unfamiliar with the company Zappos is a large online shoe retailer. The picture appears to be of one of their automated warehouses with shoes, shoes, and more shoes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Larry_Jones; 04-03-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.1 - TR 9.1.5 on Win 2012 R2. Oracle DB 11.2.04
    WebLogic 12.1.3, Wintel, BI Publisher

is Zappos a JDE customer now ? I thought Zappos was a division of Amazon - in which case they'd probably have to be on AWS...
    Jon Steel
    EnterpriseOne/SOA Technical Architect
    erpSOURCING LLC
    http://www.erpsourcing.com
    cto@spla.sh
    24/7 Assistance - (904) 382 5701

More tidbits ...

1. Clayton Seeley yesterday talked about a one click deploy for cloud installations, with the add-on that this will likely be available for on premise customers in the future too.

2. For release 9.2, new support policy will be 10 years of Premier Support + 3 years Extended Support.
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.1 - TR 9.1.5 on Win 2012 R2. Oracle DB 11.2.04
    WebLogic 12.1.3, Wintel, BI Publisher

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Jones View Post
    More tidbits ...

1. Clayton Seeley yesterday talked about a one click deploy for cloud installations, with the add-on that this will likely be available for on premise customers in the future too.
    That sounds cool.
    2. For release 9.2, new support policy will be 10 years of Premier Support + 3 years Extended Support.
    Does that mean theres no "9.3" ? In which case, its not so good for the industry...
    Jon Steel
    EnterpriseOne/SOA Technical Architect
    erpSOURCING LLC
    http://www.erpsourcing.com
    cto@spla.sh
    24/7 Assistance - (904) 382 5701

Quote Originally Posted by altquark View Post
    That sounds cool.

Does that mean theres no "9.3" ? In which case, its not so good for the industry...
    Eh, Jon you know the writing has been on the wall for this one for a while now, Oracle is killing E1. And Clayton was just appeasing the on-premise folks about the one-click. I mean, how many net new on-prem implementations will there be going forward after this year, really?? Oracle has made the decision and direction for longer than a year now that they had no interest in selling E1 as an on-prem solution. Everything they are doing is 100% cloud focused. They still don't even sell E1 as a "cloud" application offering - they just have "simplified the provisioning of servers to run it in a hosted manner" - something that E1 customers have been doing for years.

I'm personally polishing up my skill set on picking lottery numbers!!
    Hall Barricklow - Barritek Solutions
    hall@barritek.com
    www.barritek.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Jones View Post
    Just received this Collaborate Keynote screenshot from a coworker there at collaborate.

FYI for those unfamiliar with the company Zappos is a large online shoe retailer. The picture appears to be of one of their automated warehouses with shoes, shoes, and more shoes.

[Based on what I learnt from colleagues], This has nothing to do with Zappos as JDE customer. This was shown in the context of "being happy". The CEO of Zappos, Tony Hsieh wrote a book on it.
    Regards,

Hari Sharma
    Aellius
    EnterpriseOne: Integration (.Net, Web Services) | Output Management | Monitoring

Quote Originally Posted by altquark View Post

Jon , based on some individual conversations I had with Denver folks at Collaborate the impression I got is this - 9.2 is the release that they will continue to enhance. If and when 9.3 comes out, it will be a while away. So they will break away from the 3 year cycle they followed earlier which would have had a "9.3 Apps" released in 2018.

So for folks not on 9.2 Apps yet and on the fence about upgrading (or waiting for 9.3 to come out to upgrade) , the message is upgrade to 9.2 now. When 9.3 comes out , far out as it may be , it will be an easy jump from 9.2 to 9.3

This is of course my interpretation , and may not reflect what actually plays out , but we should be able to confirm this in the next few months at more events that are coming up (Partner Summit , InFocus etc.)
    EnterpriseOne Xe to 9.2
    Windows/ Unix / AS400
    Oracle , SQL Server, DB2
    WAS , WLS
    AppWorx, Tidal , SmartScheduler

Here is the link to the official document on this: http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/tech...ril%202017.pdf

Essentially, they have moved from the 3 year cycle to a "wait and see" approach based on current market conditions, while adding functionality to the current release (9.2).
    Regards,

Hari Sharma
    Aellius
    EnterpriseOne: Integration (.Net, Web Services) | Output Management | Monitoring

Thread Information