How do you manage BIP document output?

nkuebelbeck

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
All,

Sry if this is in the wrong section of this forum.

I'm wondering what other companies, who use BIP, use to manage output documents. Add/Retrieve/Delete/Access/Security/Search after the original document is generated. I think what i'm looking for is a document management system(DMS) for JD Edwards.

Did you buy some software? Did you roll your own implementation? Do external systems access documents?

The two most common ways are to either generate two outputs (one being the PDF and the other being an XML file with metadata) and write to a monitored folder or the other is to email the content to a mail account that is monitored. This is then used to load the document into a DMS using some form of adapter.

We do provide a solution for the second method which allows you to email to a monitored account and place all of the metadata in the email body. It will then allow you to load the document into a DMS with the metadata from the email, attached the BIP output as a media object back into JDE against the relevant record, store the file in file storage (FTP, SFTP or SMB) based on rules or send the output to a printer based on routing rules.

Take a look at LynX Output Manager. It can Add/Retrieve/Delete/Access/Security/Search after the original document is generated (copy and pasted from your post). Supports both normal report outputs (PDF, CSV, OSA XML, log, jddebug log) and BIP outputs. Link: https://www.aellius.com/lynx-output-manager/. The web page does not indicate BIP, but we have it in our latest version. No changes to your E1 system.

Back