How to View ESU's on Previous installations

beebe8321

List,

Is there an easy way to view code changes in ESU's for a previous release? We are on JDE E9.2 and have a bug in one of our reports (R43500). The bug is fixed in an ESU for 9.1 but hasn't been approved for 9.2 yet. We need this ASAP to Go-Live. Is there a way I can view the code that was changed in the report in 9.1 on my 9.2 tools release and then make the change myself?

Thanks for any insight.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I would suggest to request for a paper fix for this. We've done this a lot of times and usually we are given a paper fix.

-Max

Ryan

if the bug is on a core object, and is something that was fixed in 9.1, then Oracle should be able to compile it fairly easily for 9.2 and give you a hotfix. They aren't quite as easy to install as an ESU, but are much faster to use than a paper fix. If this is holding up a go live, ratchet up the pressure with Oracle Support. If you have any contacts in Oracle Sales or a strong Business Partner, have them go to bat for you. They often know what buttons to push.

I have a similar question...is there a way to look up all the ESU's applied to an object? I'm an Apps guy...so hopefully this is not too technical. Also...is there a way to look on the Oracle Support site for all the ESU's issued for an object? I've been asked by my client to see if there are any outstanding ESU's that have not been applied.

I have a similar question...is there a way to look up all the ESU's applied to an object? I'm an Apps guy...so hopefully this is not too technical. Also...is there a way to look on the Oracle Support site for all the ESU's issued for an object? I've been asked by my client to see if there are any outstanding ESU's that have not been applied.

Yes, you can use oracle's Update center to do that. Search for Electronic Software Update with the correct Object name and the release name(9.0,9.1, 9.2), it should give you the list of ESUs that are available for this particular object for your Apps Release.

If you would like to view the list of ESUs which has been applied on your system for an object you can inquire against F9672 table(SUOBNM).

Dunant

Back