Hi all, I hate to admit it, but I need some help on Standalone 9.2.
Has any had the issue where, when you go into Object Management Workbench from a freshly installed Standalone 9.2, you get an ‘ActivConsole.exe has stopped working’ message, and then JD Edwards just crashes?
Object Management Workbench is pretty fundamental, because that’s the main reason for installing Standalone from my perspective.
This standalone install and issue seems to have been consuming my life for the past couple of weeks, so I will give you the background of what I have done with the install, what I have tried to resolve the issue, and possible other resolutions that I can think of.
• Downloaded all of the correct 32-bit and 64-bit pre-requisite software, according to the Certifications for the 9.2 Development Client
• Downloaded the latest Standalone from e-delivery (Apps 9.2, Tools 18.104.22.168)
• Installed Oracle VirtualBox, and loaded a fresh MSDN copy of Win7 Professional 64-bit and VS2013 (full)
• Turned off AV, Firewall, Windows Defender
• Ran everything in Administrator mode, where applicable
• Followed the installation instructions end-to-end from the E61424-04 Standalone Client Installation Guide, last updated November 2016
o Found the ‘12.3 Microsoft Windows IPv4 Requirement’ section very frustrating, that they tell you this AFTER the install that has already taken you days to complete
o Hope this is not my problem, and the log.xml file is inconclusive, as it has both IPv4 and IPv6 references in it
• Followed the ReconfigureDB.exe instructions to decrypt and re-encrypt the sys and sysadmin passwords, so that I could create myself a Super SysAd user on the Oracle database
• Installed Oracle SQLDeveloper, JD Edwards Object Browser, and OneWorld DebugLog Commander on top
• Oracle SQLDeveloper can access the database OK
• Standalone starts up OK, and you can go into applications
• WebClient starts up OK and I have changed records in P0006 successfully
• OMW crashes the JD Edwards client as soon as you try to go into it from FastPath, menu, or Batch Versions
Troubleshooting so far:
• I fixed all of the P98MOQUE entries, as advised and as per normal
• I adjusted the second tab of P98220 Processing Options, so that the first two fields point to an actual MOQUE and an actual file
o I seem to remember that this resolved very slow OMW start up issues on our ‘real’ JD Edwards installations
• I have tried FastPath, menu, and Batch Version access – all the same issue
• I tried level-6 jdedebug.log and jde.log – no reported issues, just stops mid-way through the load process, so looks like Tools failure as no errors are caught
• I tried ER Debugger on P98220 – W98220A, Dialog is Initialized and Post-Dialog is Initialized first events, but it doesn’t even get that far before crashing
• Opened up P98220 in FDA via JDE Object Browser, and ER Validation is OK
o Mad a dummy change, saved it, retested – same issue
• I tried downgrading the Tools release to 22.214.171.124 (from the delivered 126.96.36.199) – same issue
• I tried upgrading the Tools release to 188.8.131.52 (from the delivered 184.108.40.206), with the recent 220.127.116.11.1 fix to the .dll and .bsc files – same issue
• I tried building all BSFNs possible in Optimize mode, by calling BUSBUILD from the file structure after logging into JD Edwards – same issue
o CFIN, CINSTALL, and JDBTRIG1 thru 4 are all locked, so cannot be rebuilt
• Various internet and My Oracle Support searches
So, as you can see, I have given it a good go.
Possible other things that I am thinking about, none of which are overly attractive:
• The IPv4 versus IPv6 issue, but I don’t particularly want to do that, because it means *undoing virtually everything that I have done so far / starting from scratch with a new VM*, and without a guaranteed fix to the issue
• Doc ID 2135274.1 which describes the issue perfectly, but the solution is to build a package with the "Compress Data" and "Compress Foundation" options enabled during package definition
1. You can’t build packages on a Standalone
2. What does this actually change? (it says “update the .CAB files in the systemcomp and DATACOMP directories”, but these folders don’t exist on Standalone)
3. Does someone have copies of the files that this affects, so that I can just try to replace them on my Standalone?
• Logging a call with Oracle
Hopefully someone else has had this issue, because we have all been installing the same software, it’s just I can’t seem to find anyone reporting the issue on the internet.
Thanks for your help in advance, guys,