Default Report Defn missing on version after it got built and deployed in PD

sheeba

Reputable Poster
We have a version setup with a default Report Definition. We built and deployed this version to PD and noticed the Default Report Definition on that version was blank.

I have been working with Embedded BI Publisher the last 8 yrs and have never seen this happen in the past.

Has any one seen this issue after a build and deploy? We are trying to find the root cause before we try and redeploy the version again.

Any insights?

Is there a new member on the CNC team?
May not have been deployed correctly. I know there are post deployment steps needed for some BI objects, but I'm not sure if that also applies to a simple UBEVER. Depends what you promoted

Last edited:
johndanter - thanks for your response.

The weird thing this all the other versions with the RD defn came over to PD correctly (like you would expect) but only two of the versions had RD defn = blank on them althou they have them in both DV and PY which were checked in for promotion to PD.

I have initiated a call with Oracle - they asked me to send them screen shots and I did ; My client doesn't want to simply redeploy and solve the issue. But want to see what could have possibly caused this to happen on just these 2 versions.

I was wondering if anyone had seen such an occurance in the past where Version after deploying to an environment had a blank RD defn.

will post update here as soon as I know what happened.

There are issues with the substitution fields in the bursting and email mapping fields and it looks like you are on an old TR, but I didn't think it affected F983052

Are you 100% the versions in UT have the RD setup against the version though?

Sorry forgot to update on this issue.

Yes - a rebuild and redeploy of the same versions DV upto PD - worked. We are still not sure what happened the first time around thou.

Back