Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Media Object Feature – 9.2.1.0

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Jones View Post
    Good advice Russell. We have approximately 1/2 Terabyte of MO Files that I'm not looking forward to moving into expensive RAID 10 storage.
    We can place the new tables on a separate tablespace that maps to a RAID 1 drive but I like the idea of using URL links for some of these files (all our scanned documents are stored as PDFs for example).
    It would be nice if JDE would support FILESTEAM for MS SQL blob data types (and equivalent on other DBs if it exists). Then you could have the best of both worlds.
    Brian Oster
    Application Development Manager
    E1: 9.0 (TR9.1.5.1)
    JAS: Weblogic 12.1.2 (Win2012 64 bit)
    ES: Win2008 64 bit
    DB: MSSQL 2008
    WebDev Client: Win7Pro (64 bit)

  2. #12
    Senior Member Larry_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Spokane, WA, USA
    Posts
    3,073
    I'm also wondering what the impact on database backups / exports will be ...

    The one good thing out of this is that this is the first time I've read of Oracle providing a method to convert those awful STG (OLE) files. How were people getting away from ActiveX before this?
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.1 - TR 9.1.5 on Win 2012 R2. Oracle DB 11.2.04
    WebLogic 12.1.3, Wintel, BI Publisher

  3. #13
    No way would I include these tables in the primary database. OCM for the win...
    Sean Selman
    VP Of Information Technology

    EnterpriseOne 9.2
    SQL 2014

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sselman View Post
    No way would I include these tables in the primary database. OCM for the win...
    Except that a lot of environments don't present tiered storage to their enterprise database servers so it may take some reconfiguration or even the acquisition of new storage solutions to support this. The other curiosity is whether the Oracle Cloud Provisioning of JDE will give you the flexibility to deploy a tiered database architecture for E1.

    Obviously this is just an option at the moment but you would expect at some future tools release will become the only option.
    Russell Codlin
    www.rinami.com
    Capital Asset Management & Manufacturing Specialists
    REST Integration, IoT, Mobile Applications and Job Scheduling for all E1 releases from 9.2 back to 8.11SP1

  5. #15
    Member JDEE1Tips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellCodlin View Post
    Except that a lot of environments don't present tiered storage to their enterprise database servers so it may take some reconfiguration or even the acquisition of new storage solutions to support this. The other curiosity is whether the Oracle Cloud Provisioning of JDE will give you the flexibility to deploy a tiered database architecture for E1.

    Obviously this is just an option at the moment but you would expect at some future tools release will become the only option.
    Exactly ! From TR 9.2.1.0, we will be able to store the media object in File system or Database. Jas.ini setting will decide whether media object needs to be stored in Database or File System.
    JDEE1Tips
    Systemic Software Solutions
    Oracle Gold Partner
    Training & Consulting - Remote CNC & JDE Managed Services
    www.JDEE1Tips.com | www.systemicsoftware.com | www.jdedwardstraining.in

  6. #16
    Senior Member Larry_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Spokane, WA, USA
    Posts
    3,073
    Hey E1Tips, my read of Document 2212744.1 doesn't indicate that we will still have a option of choosing File System or Database.
    We either batch convert or it will automatically move MO files to the database as they are opened by users (terrible approach IMO).

    Anyway 2212744.1 says:
    "With Tools Release 9.2.1, media objects are now written to and read from the database instead of the file system. All new media objects are automatically inserted into the database table F98MODAT. All existing media objects need to be migrated from the file system to the database so they can be accessed by users going forward. This can be done on-demand or by batch process. "
    . . .
    "With 9.2.1, all media object files will be stored in the database. There is no option to choose between file and database."
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.1 - TR 9.1.5 on Win 2012 R2. Oracle DB 11.2.04
    WebLogic 12.1.3, Wintel, BI Publisher

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    40
    Granted, I haven't messed with this much yet as I had to rush it in to a sandbox a few weeks ago, but on my box with Use Win File Sharing still ticked on the JAS server, new stuff's going in to F98MODAT. Even better, it GTFILENAME is basically exactly how it would look if it was going to the share. Fantastic!

    I guess it's okay though because all future upgrades are going the magical Oracle cloud, right... right....

  8. #18
    Member JDEE1Tips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Jones View Post
    Hey E1Tips, my read of Document 2212744.1 doesn't indicate that we will still have a option of choosing File System or Database.
    We either batch convert or it will automatically move MO files to the database as they are opened by users (terrible approach IMO).

    Anyway 2212744.1 says:
    "With Tools Release 9.2.1, media objects are now written to and read from the database instead of the file system. All new media objects are automatically inserted into the database table F98MODAT. All existing media objects need to be migrated from the file system to the database so they can be accessed by users going forward. This can be done on-demand or by batch process. "
    . . .
    "With 9.2.1, all media object files will be stored in the database. There is no option to choose between file and database."
    Refer the document E1: MOBJ: Understanding Advanced Media Object (MOBJ) functionality available in 9.2.1 and newer (Doc ID 2199562.1)

    If you choose to use html text attachments (eTXT) and the classic user interface with 9.2.1, then your settings would be:
    useEnhancedMediaObjects=false
    SupportActiveXIE=false


    Media Object Can be Still Stored on File System with 9.2.1.0.jpg

    2212744.1 talks for the customer who enabled the Advanced Media Objects Attachments (Release 9.2.1)" .
    Last edited by JDEE1Tips; 12-19-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    JDEE1Tips
    Systemic Software Solutions
    Oracle Gold Partner
    Training & Consulting - Remote CNC & JDE Managed Services
    www.JDEE1Tips.com | www.systemicsoftware.com | www.jdedwardstraining.in

  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    40
    Still, htmluploads queue is pretty much axed, and attachments go in to F98MODAT - which means regardless - this is going to hit your db and needs to be accounted for in any install/upgrade to 9.2.1 install (until it's maybe fixed...?)

  10. #20
    New Member Arjun Damodar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36
    I looked in the the knowledge garden but it says that the change is compulsory now and there is an existing enhancement request to make it optional Ref:25550813 (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/fac....1&id=25550813) and the status is "Enhancement Req. Internal (Oracle) Review". We are currently not in a position to use this feature due to the dependencies of other systems but we want to move to 9.2.1 because of the workflow message bug fix. I hope we have a solution soon.
    Arjun Damodar

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft.