Any guides for Consumer BSSV using JDeveloper 12c

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
Anyone have any up-to-date guides for creating a consumer BSSV using JDeveloper 12c? All the guides I have are old and use JDev 11 or older. I have worked through the differences but now I am stuck.

- I have created the Web Service Proxy from the 3rd party WSDL (and it is working).
- I have created a Value Object class that extends oracle.e1.bssvfoundation.base.ValueObject.
- I have created a "processor" class that extends oracle.e1.bssvfoundation.base.BusinessService and has the method that takes the VO, invokes the external webservice and fills out the return values in the VO.

I am at the step in the guide that talks about Securing the Web Proxy and setting up soft coding for things like the End Point and credentials - this is all for JDev 11. I cannot find the equivalent in 12c. I am stuck.

LOL. Did I find a definitive guide? No. Can I create consumer BSSVs w/ soft coding that actually work? Yes.

Only tip I guess I would have that you can't find some place else is how to deploy multiple consumer BSSVs locally (key word "locally"... has nothing to do with actual deployment on the server, just your local web dev client). If you follow any documentation from Oracle or other places you can only deploy one consumer BSSV locally at a time. If you deploy more than one, only one will work. This might not be an issue for most but if you are working on a solution that has multiple consumer BSSVs this can be a headache. Attached is a document I put together that describes how to deploy multiple BSSVs at one time. It's not real comprehensive (it assumes some knowledge of how to deploy a single one locally using Oracle's guide) since I quickly through it together for internal use but any way, maybe you will find it useful.

Attachments

• AcmeDeveloperGuide_MultiBssvLocalDeploymentGuide.zip
    947.7 KB · Views: 106
Only tip I guess I would have that you can't find some place else is how to deploy multiple consumer BSSVs locally (key word "locally"... has nothing to do with actual deployment on the server, just your local web dev client). If you follow any documentation from Oracle or other places you can only deploy one consumer BSSV locally at a time. If you deploy more than one, only one will work. This might not be an issue for most but if you are working on a solution that has multiple consumer BSSVs this can be a headache. Attached is a document I put together that describes how to deploy multiple BSSVs at one time. It's not real comprehensive (it assumes some knowledge of how to deploy a single one locally using Oracle's guide) since I quickly through it together for internal use but any way, maybe you will find it useful.
Hi Boster,

I am in the same boat as you were. I hope you already got a solution for this. I am struggling as I recently started with consumer BSSV TR 9.2 and Jdev 12c. Following old guides are not helping. I am able to create proxy and valueObject but cannot get past in terms of calling different methods to get the bssv work. Would you be able to help further? Thanks!!

Other than the guide I posted ITT on deploying multiple consumer BSSVs locally I don't really have much of anything else that would be current. Most new stuff we do these days from an interop standpoint we try and use Orchestrator (although we still make heavy use of xmlCallObject). We even ported some of our BSSVs to Orchestrator and the ones that remain have honestly not really needed more than the occasional "maintenance". For better or worse, Orchestrator seems to be where everything that was previously in the BSSV domain is moving.

Not sure if you will be maintaining an existing code base or creating net new solutions. If the latter and you have any input I would personally put my energy into learning Orchestrator. That is where Oracle and the JDE community is putting all their focus moving forward.

If you really do need to learn BSSVs, you might try posting some specific question(s) as I am sure there are plenty of people on jdeList that still have good knowledge of BSSVs and could probably help you.

I made my own guide for external calls into E1, I'll have to check what version it was done on and post it.
But it's actually already posted here somewhere. Either under this profile or my other one (johndanter)

I'm on 12.2.1 something now for 9.2 but I wrote this guide a while back on 9.0, I think that was for 11. something...?
But there's not much difference only the JAX RPC to WS stuff. ANd you wont' notice that as much as the consumers who now have a slightly different WSDL

Also you may not see your checkout JP J files etc, so make sure you click Tools > Initialize EOne Workspace, you see them then

Last edited:
Might want to consider this Instead. BSSV appears to effectively be a deprecated product.
On the other hand Everest Software has been around a long time and provides excellent support and documentation.

I've moved to writing outbound integrations using C and Orchestrator. The consumer BSSV development was too cumbersome and restricting. Using C to build JSON payloads and calling out via an Orchestration gives me alot more control and flexibility.

Back