JDE auto login

apndy

We have enable LDAP in JDE, use windows ID and password to login JDE. user meed to enter his id and password manually.

I want to obtain user's windows ID and password on login page, then auto login. Have someone have same experience? Please advise. thanks.

You're talking SSO - Single Sign On.

There are two solutions. The easy one - buy Everest Software Internationals SSO, install on a Windows Server, connect to your LDAP and go live. Takes very little time to implement. Check out his software page : http://www.everestsoftint.com/products_sso.php

The expensive one - buy Oracle Identity Management or Oracle Access Management, spend weeks installing on multiple application servers and create an Oracle custom LDAP linked to your Microsoft LDAP, spend LOTS of money and hopefully go live.

LDAP integration is bundled as part of JDE. SSO is not. Your choice which direction to take.

Theres no other way except to purchase software. Either Oracle or Everest. Sorry.

Well you could build you're own solution but I'd go with Jon's recommendation.

Ditto. Everest Software's solution is amazingly simple, works great, and is cheap compared to Oracle.

I doff my cap at this post. Well done sir, well done. This is definitely an alternative method of creating SSO without another product. However, long-term - will it continue to be supported ? Only time will tell on this. But I'm marking this blog as a definite alternative, and will redact my earlier "no other way" ! Its great how community finds ways like this ! Thankyou.

E1 Single Sign-On

We are a Civil Engineering firm with 2200 + Employee Self Service users on E1 9.10 and needed a solution so HELPDESK is not overwhelmed with users who have forgotten their passwords once or twice a year when it’s Open Enrollment or W2’s are available. We came across another solution on JDEMart called Transparent Logon, it is considerably cheaper than Everest; easy to install and set up. It handles multiple E1 User ID’s to one AD record. It can also be used for auto-password reset. We plan on going live in December.

Plus it's a stone's throw away from enabling cheap/free HTTP load balancing.

Zen Load Balancing is already free if you use the community edition. Plenty of customers using that already, and its FAR easier to manage than an F5 or some other "hardware" balancer.

Sadly, the article at https://www.jde.ninja has been taken down.

A new one in its place suggests the information can now be found on JDETips, which I do not have access to.

If I get around to it, I will write up a document on how to achieve the same effect using Apache HTTP, which we currently use as a free Reverse Proxy / HTTP Load Balancer.

Unfortunately its no longer a $0 license fee - as you need a JDETips account to access.

Back