XREF for Mobile Applications

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
We have implemented AIS Mobility in our environment, we have also applied the required ESUs to get the code for Mobility in our environment. I was hoping that the Cross Reference facility would help us give the relationship between the Mobile Application (usually starting with M*****, ex M43081) and the associated P application (like P43081). There is no 1 - 1 correspondence between the Mobile applications and the background JDE application because the mobile apps are more of a "COMPOSITE" application, using individual E1 applications behind the scenes for a Single UI. For ex, Inventory Availability (M41205) will be using the a number of applications in the background like P41202, P41026, P0004A, P400951.

My question is can the cross refernce application in JDE provide me with such relationships whcih will help us understand which applications a particular Mobile app is using in the background?

I have built the Cross reference in my DV but I am not seeing any relationship listed for the Mobile Applications.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Soumen
E9.1, TR 9.1.5.5
iSeries V7R1
IBM WebSphere 8.5.5.5

Hi Soumen

As you're probably aware, xref doesn't give us much information. If a BSFN calls another BSFN, for example, it might not be available using the XREF data. However, I recently discovered through Mr Bohner's presentation at Collaborate that using Patwels' Object Browser is a MUCH more efficient manner of performing a kind of full "cross reference". He suggested in his presentation to export every object using the Object Browser to a workstation, and then using a combination of File Explorer and other notepad-type tools to then identify differences and items within the JDE objects. On a locally-connected workstation, it only takes about 4-5 hours to export every object using Object Browser (faster than a cross reference build !).

Now, I'm not a developer (but I stayed at a holiday inn express once) - and I haven't checked to see if the Mobile Applications are exported with Object Browser (I'm sure Mr Patwel will chime in here) - but it might be a worthwhile exercise to check while Oracle is getting back to you....

Hi Jon,

Appreciate the mention. My buddy Dan has helped stretch the software to lengths I never thought of. He's a good friend and an asset to our community.

Those 'M' app objects are really just place holders for processing options that the mobile apps reference. When I get some time ... the next step is to see how to bridge the "external" objects (BSSV and mobile) into the tool.

To the OP, perhaps you can parse the processing option exports of the M apps. Pretty much all of them contain references for versions of the 'P' apps. Not clean, but a thought.

Craig

Last edited:
Hi. I would like to know from users that have implemented the JDE Mobility Application, what they have used and what they think of it. We're on E1 9.2

Back