Running totals not working

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Good day,

I am trying to get some running totals to work and I am running into issues. Please see the snippet below, as I know I am missing something simple here.

declared:
<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, 'HoursTotal', 0)?>
<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, 'GrossTotal', 0)?>

accumulation:
<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, 'HoursTotal', xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, 'HoursTotal') + 1)?>
<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, 'GrossTotal', xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, 'GrossTotal') + 1)?>

display
<?xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, 'HoursTotal'?>
<?xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, 'GrossTotal'?>

This is just a basic test as I am unable to get it to work using the variables from the XML. Even with this test, I am not getting the number '1' to show on the pdf. Can someone point me to what I am doing incorrectly?

I tried using the example in:
http://www.jdelist.com/vb4/showthread.php/50401-Adding-Conditional-fields-for-Total-in-rtf

and it didn't work.

Thanks!

i figured out what I did wrong. I had been trying to declare some variables within a called template, once I moved all declared variables to the main template then the running totals started working.

Hi
I am trying to figure out something on these lines.
<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, 'HoursTotal', xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, 'HoursTotal') + 1)?>

if instead of adding 1 in 'HoursTotal', i want to do some computation here and store the result in HoursTotal, is this doable. so i can later use HourTotal variable to do some more calculations.

<?xdoxslt:set_variable($_XDOCTX, 'HoursTotal', xdoxslt:get_variable($_XDOCTX, 'HoursTotal') + ( List_Price * Order_Quantity))?>
can i store the product of these two fields in HoursTotal ???

Back