Upgrade

JDECNCI

Our company is upgrading JDE 8.12 to JDE 9.2. To upgrade DV812, Can anyone guide me whether we should install DV920 environment through platform pack installation prior to starting upgrade workbenches or DV920 will be created automatically from 8.12 when upgrade workbenches are run ?

You need to install the platform pack.

I'm concerned that your company is trying to undertake an upgrade of that magnitude directly without using consulting expertise. You should definitely use consultants if at all possible. Even the best of us make mistakes - but I fear that undertaking a full upgrade without really understanding the basics might result in a disaster for your upgrade.

Keep in mind also that from 8.12 to 9.2 you will need to upgrade to 9.1 first and then to 9.2.

Keep in mind also that from 8.12 to 9.2 you will need to upgrade to 9.1 first and then to 9.2.

Why? There is direct upgrade available from 8.12 to 9.2. There's no simplified upgrade but that's not a reason to go to 9.1.

Al provided incorrect information.

8.12 has a direct "traditional" upgrade to 9.2

8.9, 8.10, 8.11 and 8.11SP1 need to go through the two step upgrade. Xe, 8.0, 8.12, 9.0 and 9.1 have traditional upgrade and 9.0XU2 and above can do the "simplified" upgrade.

I agree with Jon. I've been doing CNC for over a decade, and have done several upgrades. I still bring in an experienced upgrade consultant as a second set of eyes.

There are just so many places you can screw up...

Tom

i just upgraded our system from 8.10 to 9.1
there are still a lot of issues with 9.1 why going to 9.2?
process of upgrading 9.1 to 9.2 is as easy as applying and ASU/ESU. :) not that easy but you know what i mean :)
we even submitted a few Bugs to Oracle and they are making the fix.

I would recommend to bring a consultant as well get like some hours that you can call him and also make sure you have a open ticket at all time for your upgrade.

only problem with 9.1 upgrade right now is that oracle took the software of the edelivery so you have to open a ticket and ask the edelivery people to generate a link for downloading the software which is a pain and they are always giving you the wrong application :)

JDE Archived Data Upgrade from XE to 9.2

I agree with Jon. I've been doing CNC for over a decade, and have done several upgrades. I still bring in an experienced upgrade consultant as a second set of eyes.

There are just so many places you can screw up...

Tom

Hello,

I have to Upgrade Archived data in JDE from XE to 9.2.The Database is AS400

The Archived Data is altogether a different Schema

Can you please let me know the steps

The Archived data doesnt not include all the JDE Tables

Thanks
Ajith

One approach would be to work this like upgrading a custom environment configuring the data schema as a different datasource.

Back