Standalone 9.2 installation

Hi, Please let me know if this issue is fixed? i am also facing similar issue and i need help on this.

Hi Everyone,

Merry Christmas to all.

I have been tasked to install Standalone 9.2 client and was hoping to get it done during the holidays . Need help!

When I try to install weblogic 12.1.3.0.0 on my Windows 10 (64 bit Operating System) with the below Java version on my laptop ; I get the error saying this Oracle Software is not certified on this Operating System (see attached) however the java version used to launch the installer got checked (success).

Is certification an issue and if so how can I solve this problem?

The below is the Java version installed on my laptop:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_76\bin>java -version
java version "1.7.0_76"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_76-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.76-b04, mixed mode)

Please help!

Attachments

• ToInstallWeblogic.doc
    217.5 KB · Views: 23
Oracle replied saying that is a warning error - so I was able to successfully install the WebLogic 12.1.3.0.0 on my laptop .

However, now I am not sure if I have to install both the Oracle Database 64bit and 32 bit as well. I see this mentioned in one of the Oracle documentation and I am now confused

Please help!

ok I was able to get to the installing the standalone - but it failed at the tail end saying 32 bit web logic not found.

1. I am on Windows 10 - 64 bit
2. Took JDK 64 bit
3. Installed WebLogic 12.1.3.0.0 with platform Windows 64bit as the 32 bit (or x86) was not there on edelivery
4. Installed the Local Client Database
5. Installed the database client
6. did all the tns changes as needed
7. Installed the Standalone 9.2 Client
--- the last failed showing could not find WebLogic 32 bit

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks for the response Tom.

But I still have difficulty in finding the 32 bit web logic on the link you sent me - I am not sure how to find the exe you are pointing to. Can you help me find the correct one pls - There is so many on that website /link you sent. :(

ok my weblogic stuck at 95% :( ... Does anyone know what to do for this one?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I am trying to install E1 9.2 standalone on a Windows 10 computer. I have installed the JDK and Web Logic. I am stuck installing the Oracle Database. When I run it through the Install Manager, it fails with the message "The command failed with error 1." It appears to install the software correctly, but fails when trying to load the JDE database (the TNS Listener services is installed and running, but no database service). I have attempted to install the E1Local database interactively using DBCA but receive the following ORA-01017: invalid username/password. login denied. ORA-27047: unable to read the header block of the file. I have not been able to find anything online similar to this issue.

Any suggestions or a link with potential solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

-E1 9.2, 9.2.1.4, Oracle 11g

Hi,

I am trying to install E1 9.2 standalone on a Windows 10 computer. I have installed the JDK and Web Logic. I am stuck installing the Oracle Database. When I run it through the Install Manager, it fails with the message "The command failed with error 1." It appears to install the software correctly, but fails when trying to load the JDE database (the TNS Listener services is installed and running, but no database service). I have attempted to install the E1Local database interactively using DBCA but receive the following ORA-01017: invalid username/password. login denied. ORA-27047: unable to read the header block of the file. I have not been able to find anything online similar to this issue.

Any suggestions or a link with potential solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

-E1 9.2, 9.2.1.4, Oracle 11g

-------------------------------

Kevin ,

I recently installed the same on my windows 10 laptop and had no problem with it at all. I am able to use the OMW successfully.

Here's what I did.

1. There is a 32 bit Database you have to install directly and then a 64bit (local database) which you install using OUI (Oracle's Universal Installer or Install Manager)
2. If you do the 32 bit first then you have to switch it on the Control panel - systems - environmental variables - path - so it looks at the local database first ; and then you have to rename a few files as in Oracle's documentation.
From the Oracle Documentation :
(Even though Standalone Client installs 64-bit 12c Oracle Database (OEE, Oracle Enterprise Edition), you still need the 32 bit
database client installed for it to work with E1, and the PATH environment variable needs to have the directory for the 32-bit
client earlier then the directory for the database, or E1 will fail to connect to database.
Steps to download and install 32-bit 12c Oracle database client are described in section "Working with the Oracle Database
Client" in Standalone 9.2 Installation Guide.
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E61420_01/doc.92/e61424/install_oracle_client.htm#EOISA378 )
Check the last setup instructions on the doc in the link above.

In my case the weblogic hangs at 95% and I am not able to use the web client but the dev client works perfect!

ok my web client is now working - had to delete a E1DevDomain folder to get thru the node manager issue (which was causing the problem)

however, now when I run app using the Run HTML client - it shows a blank E1 page . Any idea how to sync up the Dev Client and Web Client. When I run using the FP on Web CLient it shows no serialized objects.

Please help! So close yet so far... :(

ok finally have the dev and web client working on my laptop :) - last issue was to do with permissions to certain data and spec files ; stopped all E1local services ; granted permission to all files in E1 data and spec folders ; and restarted the services. and Voila! finally it works just as I want - thnx to folks in here, oracle community and oracle support --- phew! that was one bit of work the last 2 weeks plus. thanks all.

Hello group

I have installed 9.2 JDE Standalone and run with no problem except sporadic I get WEB CLIENT EXCEPTION saying that problem with the server while running the business function xxxxxxxx for every applications. Logs does not say too much and this could be firewall setting or virus scanning aside that everything is great. Love the look and feel!

Here are the steps and little information about that and might help anyone who wants to install 9.2 standalone.

Environment:
Windows 10 64 bit OS.

Document used:
Doc ID 2062240.1
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E61420_01/doc.92/e61424/install_wls.htm#EOISA439

Setup files
IMPORTANT: EXTRACTING THE FILES
Once you extract all the 4 files in Disk1 folder as recommended in Standalone Installation Guide, if you find the E1Local CAB files ( total 20 files, form E1Local12c.CAB to E1Local12c20.CAB) under Disk1 folder.
Move all these 20 CAB files manually for E1Local from Disk1 folder to Disk1\ThirdParty\ORACLE before you launch the Database install for Standalone.
Steps

1.Install required Visual Studio Runtime Libraries if not already present Install 2010 and then 2013.
2.Install 32-bit JDK - Use the Windows x86 installer for JDK to install 32-bit version
Installed both JDK and run time 32bit 7.1.76
3.Install supported version of Web logic Application Server
Downloaded 64 bit as 32 bit was not available at edelivery. Install from JDK location C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_76\bin folder
4.Install Oracle Enterprise Edition (OEE) 12c Database using InstallManager.exe
I was getting OEE cab file not found error in this step so I did install 32-bit client first which is step 5 below. I assume Oracle need to fix into their documentation for the steps.
5.Install Oracle Database 12c 32-bit Client
6.Copy the tnsnames.ora from the path <install directory>\client to <32-bit Oracle Client Install Dir>\network\admin
7.Install the Standalone client.

FYI
During installation, I created e1dbuser as recommended.
Installed database engine to new folder.

Need a JDE Solution Architect or Program Manager
Solution Architect experience is mandatory
Should have experience with JDE Infrastructure / Administration

Duration: 1+ yrs
Rate: Open/HR

Mohammed Mujaheed | Sr. Resource Analyst
Negocios IT Solutions (P) LTD
Direct: 307 203 (1146)
A: 690 S Highway 89, Suite 200. Jackson, WY 83002
W: www.negociosit.com E: [email protected]

Need a JDE Solution Architect or Program Manager
Solution Architect experience is mandatory
Should have experience with JDE Infrastructure / Administration

Duration: 1+ yrs
Rate: Open/HR

Mohammed Mujaheed | Sr. Resource Analyst
Negocios IT Solutions (P) LTD
Direct: 307 203 (1146)
A: 690 S Highway 89, Suite 200. Jackson, WY 83002
W: www.negociosit.com E: [email protected]

Well, looking for a JDE Architect in JDE Standalone installation thread is clever 🧠
Only top level folks are here :)

By the way, how legal would it be to install JDE Standalone on a vm in a cloud and provide access to other people.
Same question in regards to a full JDE installation.
Will Oracle shutdown that quickly?

Asking for a friend...

Last edited:
Hi ONYX, Thanks a lot for your fix for the E1 demo font issue on FAT client and it's worked. Great!
But when I open E1 application web, screen is too small and please look at this attachment.
Thanks
WB.

Attachments

• E1 Web is now too small.png
    E1 Web is now too small.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi ONYX, Thanks a lot for your fix for the E1 demo font issue on FAT client and it's worked. Great!
But when I open E1 application web, screen is too small and please look at this attachment.
Thanks
WB.
Yes, I have seen this multiple times on difference jde releases, windows and internet explorer versions.
There might me a setup somewhere to fix this.
On my "gold" jde standalone 9.2 windows 2019 server vm install it works fine.
Normally, I just use Chrome if something goes pear-shaped with internet explorer.

Thanks for the response and how to change it to Chrome from default IE ? Do I have to map Chrome in jde.ini ? Please advise.
By any chance, can you please help to install jde standalone on VM server? Thanks

I believe IE is hard coded until apx. TR9.2.5.3 at which point it will launch the default browser. We have two JDE instances, one at TR9.2.5.3 which launches Chrome (the default browser) and one at TR9.2.4.3 which still launches IE.

Back