Standalone 9.2 installation

Reivilo78
check the following

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
  2. Verify that the statuses of these services are Started:
    • OracleServiceE1LOCAL
    • OracleE1LocalTNSListener

Hi all,

Does anyone know the MTR (Minimum Technical Requirements) for a computer to be able to install 9.2 Standalone? In the Readme for the install, it says "Before installing the Standalone client, please besure that the workstation is current on all MTRs for
the E920 development workstation."

But, what are they? I assume Windows 7 64 Bit. If I go to Oracle's Certification tab on the website, I cannot find that information. I am going to buy a new laptop for this and I want to make sure I get one that can handle everything.

Did anybody have follow error and knows how to fix it? I trying to manually install WLSH4A client but still have the same error

An error occurred during the interview for this component: EnterpriseOne WLSH4A Web Client 2.0.0.0.4 . WebLogic Server does not appear to be installed. No WebLogic Server entries were found in the *** 32-bit *** registry. Please install WebLogic Server using a 32-bit JDK and restart the H4A installer

i found out that the installation file looks for a .product.properties file in location C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\wlserver

this file has to contain these two lines :

product.name.weblogic.server=WebLogic Server
JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK18\

where C:\JDK18 has to be changed to the path to the JDK that you used to install the weblogic server.
Note that you cannot create a .product.properties file from windows Explorer, you have to create a "product.properties" file first, then launch a "cmd" window, type "cd C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\wlserver" then "rename product.properties .product.properties".

Hi Babu,

First download & Install 32 bit JDK or JRE – JDK-8U60-windows-i585.exe

Second download & Install Oracle Weblogic Server V78153-01.zip Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c WebLogic Server and Coherence

Third download & Install V47124-01.Zip Oracle 12c 32 bit client

Now Unzip the four files V97803-01-zip, V97804-01-zip, V97805-01-zip, V97806-01-zip and follow the below instructions to make as one folder

1. Move the contents from folder V97805-01-01 to folder V97806-01
  2. Move the contents from folder V97804-01-01 to folder V97803-01
  3. Now Move the contents from folder V97806-01-01 to folder V97803-01/Thirdparty/Oracle
Note : Now rename the Folder V97803-01 as standalone. It has the correct structured installation files.

Install the JD Edwards E920 Standalone client, during the installation for configuring Local web on weblogic provide the weblogic password.

Best Regards

How do you install the Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c WebLogic Server and Coherence? The only thing in the .zip is the fmw_12.2.1.0.0_wls.jar file.

my friends, finally succeeded by uninstalling the weblogic server, deleting c:\oracle\middleware, reinstalling weblogic WITHOUT creating a domain (important), then created the .product.properties as stated above, then launched C:\Standalone_9.20\ThirdParty\webdevfeature\WLSH4A\install\setup.exe, then chose E920 Oracle home, and installation went well, web client is now working.

Weird that you didn't get the ".product.properties" problem, KarthickCNC, maybe it isnt in the latest version of Weblogic (I installed 12.2.1.0.0 - V78153-01).

Last edited:
Dear Blkeely,

9.2 Standalone certification is same as "JD Edwards Development client" certification.

Please follow the below instructions to check the MTR
1. Login into support.oracle.com
2. Open the certification Tab
3. Enter --> Product : JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Development Client
Release : 9.2.0.0
Platform : any
4. 9.2 Standalone are certified in Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 8.1,Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 8.1 & Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 2012 R2

Dear Reivilo,

I didn't face this issue when I was installing JD Edwards Standalone 9.2 on Windows 2012 R2.

The only difference between you and me is the OS. I will try to install in Windows 8.1.

I will check and confirm you whether ".product.properties" needs to be edited Prior to install or not?

Best Regards
Karthick

Dear Blkeeley.

Open the Command Prompt as Run administrator and use cd command to navigate to 32 bit Java Installed location( cd C:\Program Files (x86)\java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin) and run the weblogic Server Installer using the command Java -jar c:\users\JDE\Desktop\fmw_12.1.3.0.0_wls.jar.

Note : After Oracle Weblogic Server successfully Installed uncheck the option "Automatically Launch the Configuration Wizard" and click on close button. Because No need to create domain for installing Local web on Weblogic

Good news, I installed visual studio 2015 (the free edition) and windows sdk, it is working out of the box for compilation of bsfns (i tried b4200311)
Editing of c bsfns from omw doesnt work because bin/envtool.dll looks for not higher a version than visual studio 2012 in the registry.
E1 menu in web seems incomplete, i have a lot of dummy "plp" menu entries.

my friends, finally succeeded by uninstalling the weblogic server, deleting c:\oracle\middleware, reinstalling weblogic WITHOUT creating a domain (important), then created the .product.properties as stated above, then launched C:\Standalone_9.20\ThirdParty\webdevfeature\WLSH4A\install\setup.exe, then chose E920 Oracle home, and installation went well, web client is now working.

Weird that you didn't get the ".product.properties" problem, KarthickCNC, maybe it isnt in the latest version of Weblogic (I installed 12.2.1.0.0 - V78153-01).

i am having same issue with weblogic server. I created .product.properties file as you recommended. Still no luck. Just want to make sure when you say E920 as oracle Home, have you used where E920 installed? i gave my E920 installation path as oracle home but still no luck.

i am having same issue with weblogic server. I created .product.properties file as you recommended. Still no luck. Just want to make sure when you say E920 as oracle Home, have you used where E920 installed? i gave my E920 installation path as oracle home but still no luck.

Hi GOv, did you include those two lines (using notepad for example), in the .product.properties file:

JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK18\

where "C:\JDK18\ has to be the path to the JDK used to install the Weblogic Server ?
THe installation file checks for existence of .product.properties, then validates that it contains the key product.name.weblogic.server with WebLogic Server value, then reads the JAVA_HOME key value to begin the installation.

E920 as Oracle Home, yes I mean the path where I installed E920 client (C:\E920_1)

reivilo78. Thanks for quick reply

i have following entries in .product.properties file. i installed in the program files not in a seperate folder. installation shows like 100% and gives the error. Please find attached error for your reference. Do you happen to know where the installation logs will be written?

product.name.weblogic.server=WebLogicServer
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_65\bin\

Attachments

• error.pdf
    25.2 KB · Views: 74
reivilo78. Thanks for quick reply

i have following entries in .product.properties file. i installed in the program files not in a seperate folder. installation shows like 100% and gives the error. Please find attached error for your reference. Do you happen to know where the installation logs will be written?

product.name.weblogic.server=WebLogicServer
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_65\bin\

You need to replace with this :

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_65\

the logs are found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\Inventory\logs

I got an answer from Orcale today and here what they say.,

We tested this again internally. It seems that the issue is with the 64 bit WLS setup file download <V78153-01.zip>

The correct file to download is 32 bit WLS setup file, which is <V44413-01.zip>.

Now, Please do the following :

1) Remove the 64 bit WLS install
2) Download 32 bit WLS setup file from http://edelivery.oracle.com. In the Product field, enter this string: Oracle WebLogic Server, Standard Edition & Select Platforms pull-down, select this check-box: Microsoft Windows x86 (32-bit)
3) Install 32 bit WLS 12c (downloaded in step 2) - No, Need to create domain <3.3 Installing WebLogic Server , step 14,15>
4) Upon successful installation ,Go to x:\Standalone\ThirdParty\webdevfeature\WLSH4A\install (Please make sure to close all other OUI installer)
5) Execute setup.exe as Run as Administrator
6) Select the name as "JDE_E920_Client_1" (Oracle_Home of JDE Client) and click on Next.
7) In the next screen provide the Weblogic Admin Server password and Click on Next

It worked for me and this should resolve your as well, Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

I confirm that solution from reivilo78 is working well on 64 bit WLS.
But after demo installation I have a next problem with submitting UBE from WEB interface.
I do setup that working well on standalone 9.1up2:
================================================== ===========
The following instruction is the setup to allow for running of UBE from web interface.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Start E1 Solution Explorer.

2. Go to command prompt and type HOSTNAME to determine your local PC local host name.

3. Go to P986115 - Row exit until the maintenance form for "Data Source Revisions"
Change "Logical Server Name" to the local HOSTNAME.
Change "Server Map Data Source Name" to "System Local"
Click OK to update.

4. Reboot. Start E1 Solution Explorer.

5. Go to P98616 and define the DEFAULT printer with the default paper size.
Setup DEFAULT printer via P98616 for the local HOSTNAME.
Setup for for HOSTNAME, (local) and LOCAL. This will allow you to submit UBE from web-client.
*PUBLIC *ALL *ALL *ALL \\corprts1\devprn1

6. Reboot. Start E1 Solution Explorer. Start E1 Web.

--------------------------------------------------------------
But I receive error - cannot connect to security server.

I got an answer from Orcale today and here what they say.,

We tested this again internally. It seems that the issue is with the 64 bit WLS setup file download <V78153-01.zip>

The correct file to download is 32 bit WLS setup file, which is <V44413-01.zip>.

Now, Please do the following :

1) Remove the 64 bit WLS install
2) Download 32 bit WLS setup file from http://edelivery.oracle.com. In the Product field, enter this string: Oracle WebLogic Server, Standard Edition & Select Platforms pull-down, select this check-box: Microsoft Windows x86 (32-bit)
3) Install 32 bit WLS 12c (downloaded in step 2) - No, Need to create domain <3.3 Installing WebLogic Server , step 14,15>
4) Upon successful installation ,Go to x:\Standalone\ThirdParty\webdevfeature\WLSH4A\install (Please make sure to close all other OUI installer)
5) Execute setup.exe as Run as Administrator
6) Select the name as "JDE_E920_Client_1" (Oracle_Home of JDE Client) and click on Next.
7) In the next screen provide the Weblogic Admin Server password and Click on Next

It worked for me and this should resolve your as well, Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

it worked. thanks for sharing

Can anybody Please list all the file names in sequence which you downloaded and from where

Last edited:
Thanks for the information!

Dear Blkeely,

9.2 Standalone certification is same as "JD Edwards Development client" certification.

Please follow the below instructions to check the MTR
1. Login into support.oracle.com
2. Open the certification Tab
3. Enter --> Product : JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Development Client
Release : 9.2.0.0
Platform : any
4. 9.2 Standalone are certified in Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 8.1,Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 8.1 & Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) 2012 R2

What I ended up doing was uninstalling and then downloading oepe-12.1.2.1-kepler-installer-win32.exe.

Where on c: is the Oracle 12c 32 bit client for tnsnames.ora?

Hi,

I Installed JDE 9.2 Standalone Successfully.
Note : From 9.2 OC4J is removed, so first we have to install Oracle Weblogic server using 32 bit JDK.This is the major difference when compare to 9.1 standalone installation.
Follow the below steps to install 9.2 standalone successfully

1. Install 32 bit JDK
2. Install Oracle Weblogic Server (no need to create domain)
3. Install Oracle 12c 32 bit client
4. Install E1local 12c
5. Install standalone client
Note : During the installation provide the weblogic password for configuring the Local Web.

Post Installation Task : Copy the tnsnames.ora from E1local to Oracle 12c 32 bit client

Hope this will help you!!!

Hi KarthickCNC,

I found tnsnames.ora in the zip I got from eDelivery. But, which folder do I copy it to? c:\...?

Thanks

Back