Oracle Killed JDEREF.COM

This is sad to hear. I use the site frequently as a quick reference for tables and columns.

Before I found the site I printed table specs from a fat client:
- Open OMW
- lookup table object
- copy the table into my default project
- open Table Design Aid and click print.

It comes out in a neatly formatted page(s) including column alias, description, length, indexes, etc.

JDERef.com took this multi-step cumbersome process and made it instantly accessible from any browser. It's a shame Oracle forced them to take it down. I will miss the handy resource.

If you have a fat client, OWinfo (fee involved but can still be used free) or objectbrowser from patwel.com

Thanks John. I used to use OW Info and had a copy - which is lucky as I can't find it on their website.

It is a pain as you can only use it on Fat Client (I do most of my work using the web client) and is nwhere near as usr friendly as JDEREf was, but if that's the best available it's goibng to have to do. I really miss JDERef.com
frown.gif

I am sure there is a lawyer somewhere advising Oracle that diligence is required in protecting their IP, even if it is from someone providing value to Oracle's clients.

Unfortunately, fat client access is extremely limited in our company, so we now have no method to replace the info provided by jderef.om.

One can only hope that Oracle sees fit to find a user-friendly method of filling the gap left by their actions.

E.

If it helps you use databrowser over F98711?

Table Columns table in E1?? Order by PSEQ

I have built a custom app to satisfy my needs
And would be happy to share.
I have it available for 8.12 9.00 and 9.1
I can send it to you as a "save/restore" par.
message me directly with your preferred release and an email address if you are interested
smile.gif

Thanks John

That helps, but I really miss the ease of use of JDERef.com
frown.gif

PS Wayback Machine has an old coply of the front page but none of the links.

You could use the cross reference P980011 - it is pretty useful.

Build a business view linking F98711 to F9210 and then use the business view in databrowser from any web server once promoted and you'll be all set with all the data you need. No fat client needed once the business view is built.

I was about to say 'i am surprised nobody said jdetables.com yet' until i clicked the link :D

Back