PDFs in 9.1 tools...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
Ok, I've just put 9.1.3.1 in DV (going from 8.98.4.3) and what I feared is true. Our forms package (StreamServe) can't read the new PDFs. UBEPRINTDATAITEMS=1 doesn't help -- the information at the beginning of the PDF is not there even with it on. UBEPDFCompression=0 undoes the compression, but still doesn't work... the initial information is in the middle for some reason. Anyone else having this problem (with, I'm guessing, other forms packages... if you happen to also use StreamServe, please tell me!)? Found any workaround?

Yes, although we use CreateForm. We were originally on their 3x platform and were informed that if we were headed to E1 9.1 (which we were), we had to upgrade their product to their 7x/CTIS platform because the structure of the E1 PDF had changed. The "good" thing was that at least I was able to upgrade their product (which meant I also had to visit and "upgrade"/convert every form as well so it is time consuming) while we were still on E1 8.12 (tools 8.98) and the forms worked fine. So when we upgraded to E1 9.1, I essentially didn't have to do anything to the forms at all.

Back