Upgrading from Tools Release 8.98 to 9.1

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
I am upgrading my 9.0 installation from tools 8.98.4.9 to 9.1.3.1 in a multi-foundation environment. When setting up multifoundation, I am at the deploy server but the deploy server is currently running a local SSE database. I am aware that the 9.1 tools needs to be on OEE. What is the process for upgrading a deployment server to convert/switch the local database from SSE to OEE to support this? Oracle does not have nor is planning a migration path between the two local database options.

Tools 9.1 does NOT need to use OEE. SSE is supported but you need to move to SSE SP3 which if you're at 8.98.4.2 or higher you've already likely (hopefully) done this already.

Colin,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am just missing something simple then. When I run the OUI for the deployment server for 9.1 I get to the screen to specify home details. I enter my E:\JDEDWARDS\E900 path and I get a message that says "You have specified a non-empty directory to install this product. It is recommended to specify either an empty or a non-existent directory. You may, however, choose to ignore this message if the directory contains Operating System generated files or subdirectories like lost+found. Do you want to proceed with installation in this Oracle Home?"

Do I just say yes and continue?

Back