SM upgrade and unable to start Web server

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
All,

We recently upgraded SM from 9.1.0.4 to the latest version. Everything went smooth. But now we cannot start web server from SM. We have to start using local commands on the server. We can stop the server from SM, just cannot start it. we are seeing following errors in logs
FINE: Unable to connect to the WAS server `ETW1_VC_Cluster_PY' in profile 'Dmgr01' (C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\Dmgr01). The server may not be running. Message is ADMC0016E:
The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host NJRDBKETW1.us.khov.net at port 8882.

Has any one experienced this issue

If your WebSphere environment has been secured, you will need to update soap.client.props for DMgr, NodeAgent, and the app servers. The account needs to be in SM accounts and in IBM WebSphere accounts.

Hi There,

No, our web servers are not secured. Since we are able to stop the server, I am sure why would it be a security issue. I understand that the log might indicate something else

I met this issue ago, and feedback from metalink that it has bug in some version, then solved after upgrade sm to next version.

I'm having this exact issue after upgrading Server Manager and the agents to 9.1.3.1... has anyone found a resolution?

I am still working with Oracle and have not seen any solution so far

I've opened a case too... supposedly they were going to go talk to development about it yesterday afternoon. I'll post if I hear anything.

I have been provided a new POC, I will test it today to see if it fixes the issue

Great!! If it works, can you let me know what bug number they gave it so I can get it? Thanks!

Hello,
It worked. There is no bug number they just provided us with a new ManagementAgent_JAR for SM agent.

Back