Outside Operations - Getting *NO PO

topher79

I'm doing some testing with the functionality of using outside operations to automatically generate POs. Problem is when I advance the associated work order to print status I'm getting "*NO PO" in the related PO field of the work order routing.

The XXXXXOPXX branch item automatically set itself up. I can manually enter a PO using this item so I believe my order activity and P3410 rules are set up correctly for X line types.

I've listed the vendor in the routing as well the cost type D1 and flagged the Y for PO.

Any ideas what I'm missing? Thx!

Double check the version and processing options of PO Entry (P4310) that is being called from the Work Order Generation Program (R31410). If any approval routing is required make sure you are set up with a valid approval route. If not, you will get the **NO PO*** message. This has bit me once or twice in the past. Also check to see if there is any messages in your work center that might give you a hint of what is going on.

The following are missing setup that we have identified as being the issue:

1. Work Order Processing is not creating a *OP20 purchase order
    1. *OP20 item doesn’t exist
    2. Setup on *OP20 items is not correct for line type (X), stocking type (X) or supplier number is not same on the master routing as the item branch setup
    3. Master routing cross reference does not include parent subassembly
    4. Effective date in MR cross reference is not far enough back dated

I'm doing some testing with the functionality of using outside operations to automatically generate POs. Problem is when I advance the associated work order to print status I'm getting "*NO PO" in the related PO field of the work order routing.

The XXXXXOPXX branch item automatically set itself up. I can manually enter a PO using this item so I believe my order activity and P3410 rules are set up correctly for X line types.

I've listed the vendor in the routing as well the cost type D1 and flagged the Y for PO.

Any ideas what I'm missing? Thx!
Hello Topher,
Yes, we need to check the order activity rule for the purchase order (Order type) with the application P40204. it should be defined correctly.
Also we need to check the processing option of P4310 (Purchase order) #3 Interface with 1st PO validation of business unit (If its defined as 1 it will pop up MSG -NO PO.)

Back