Windows 2008 printing using local port

ComeOnArsenal

I am having problems with printing from our UK Windows 2008 server printer queue to our Germany server shared printer queue. In that E1 PSFT reports fail to be sent. I have set PSFT as local admin with full rights to spool folder and added printer share names within nullsession share of Registry of Germany server. But I am getting no joy???? Windows test pages are being sent successfully and landing successfully on Germnay shared printer queue as owner PSFT, but E1 reports that have owner of PSFT fail to be sent from our UK Server printer queue???/

Just before someone advises on Direct ip printing - Yes this works - but I wish to have a troubleshooting queue to phyiscally review spool file that lands on our Germany Server Shared printer queue

I have set up printer queue to spool to seperate spool folder (using C!F7 server advanced option) and then created a bat script to relist held spool file(s) back to printer queue. This gives me a workaround, but not ideal.... So would be graateful for a better solution.

To relist a spool file following command is used

Copy C:\NewSpoolFolder\*.SPL \\C!F7servername\PrintQueueShareName

this is a Known C!F7 bug with Win2K8 to overcome issue

1)open C!F7 server
2)select view
3)select merge config....
4)select new
5)enter a name such as Resubmit-Postscript
6)change Based on to Postscript
7)select ok
8)place tick in Send processing onto same queue
9)select ok
10)change C!F7 printer queue to use new postscript config. method
11)make cup of tea and relax as this will overcome issue until C!F themselves resolves this BUG

Back