Image Media Attachment Print through an UBE

Thiruvn

Thiruvn

We have a requirement to attach a Image or PDF file in Media attachments and print the same through an UBE.

Is this Possible to print?, I appreciate yours help.

Scott's correct. You cant do this through a standard UBE (does BIP have anything like this?).

You may be able to do something like this through Formscape or CreateForm. I am not an expert on either one so I don't know for sure.

We do have a process that prints PDFs (not images and we store the PDFs in a BLOB field in a table but the concept is the same as an attachment) when a UBE prints, but it does NOT go through the UBE engine. Basically when the UBE runs it calls a BSFN that prints the PDF by calling a third party lib to print the stored PDFs. This solution has been in place for years on both Xe and 9.0 and has worked fine... although I think we may have had some server OS issues in 9.0 but I can't remember. Anyway, if you are interested:

http://www.glyphandcog.com/

Hi,

We are in E900 8.98.4.2, Media Object file is having only the path of Image or PDF attachment. Is there any possiblity to print along with UBE.

Thanks for help.

Hi Thiruvn,

I remember in the same forum we have several posts with the alternative method. Anyway below are the details.

JDE does not support embedding images directly on the report.The alternate way is to create a custom font using font creation tools and add that image to a report constant in RDA.

Steps at a high level

1.Create a new font(Image) and associate the image to one of the character, say X
2.Save the font and install it to the C:\windows\fonts folder
3.Now open RDA and add Insert report constant at the place where you wish to have the image/logo/ signature.
4.In the variable Name enter the value say 'X'.Navigate to Font/Color tab.. choose the image font and click ok.
5.The image will appear on the design aid. Run the report to see the image now.
6.The same Image should be placed Enterprise server fonts location to be able to display the image if the report is submitted on server.

Some of types of images that are added to the reports: Company logos, special symbols,Signatures ..etc

***If it is JDE BI Publisher Report. It is easy, since you can place the image wherever you want in the RTF Template.

Hi

you can use bip but it's no simple.
The idea is to include the adress of you pictures then include it with specific code in BIP.
Suggest to look for BIP documentation.

Cordially

Hi Vijay,
Can you please expand it further in more specific way,
Can you please explain what do you mean by "associate the image to one of the character, say X " because further you have told to assign this name to Constant once Font is saved in Window/font location,
I've already converted one image into Font and that font is available in my font list in report ,
But when i assign it to constant it either shows blank ,if variable name is blank or it shows variable name if specified ,
It doesn't show preview of the image associated with Font.

Regards,
Mangesh

Mangesh,

Its been while I logged into jdelist and did not see your reply. The image font should be associated to constant X. When you place it in the UBE it will be seen as blank. But the actual image appears when the report is executed.

Excellente

Scott's correct. You cant do this through a standard UBE (does BIP have anything like this?).

You may be able to do something like this through Formscape or CreateForm. I am not an expert on either one so I don't know for sure.

We do have a process that prints PDFs (not images and we store the PDFs in a BLOB field in a table but the concept is the same as an attachment) when a UBE prints, but it does NOT go through the UBE engine. Basically when the UBE runs it calls a BSFN that prints the PDF by calling a third party lib to print the stored PDFs. This solution has been in place for years on both Xe and 9.0 and has worked fine... although I think we may have had some server OS issues in 9.0 but I can't remember. Anyway, if you are interested:

http://www.glyphandcog.com/

very interesting I just need to implement that and I'm lost with the subject someone would help me

Back