Easy way for User to change Default Printer

stevenh

In our Distribution centers we have multiple shipping stations, each with its own printer. A shipping person may work at any of the stations. They need their printouts to follow them to whatever station they are currently working on.
Does anyone know an easy way or a utility that would allow changing the users default printer? The E1 "Work with Default Printers" screen is not very user friendly.

I used this feature of JDE for printing Invoice, and I don't have problems until this moment.

https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=BULLETIN&id=643238.1 E1: PRINT: Available Options for Print Immediate Functionality in EnterpriseOne [ID 643238.1]

E1: PRINT: Available Options for Print Immediate Functionality in EnterpriseOne
How Can you Setup a Report Version to Print to Specific Printer?
You can assign a printer for a UBE report within the design of the version, RDA (Report Design Aid). The report will always print to this printer. It will not automatically print at that printer though unless you are using PrintImmediate (See below for more details). You can also define a default printer for a report in the printer setup section in menu GH9013.

The problem with this approach is that I would need a separate BV for each printer. My scenario is one where a shipping clerk can be assigned to any shipping station and would need their reports to print at the printer located at that shipping station.

Stevenh in this case you can the same ube/version use by many users, but one userid just should use one workstation.

For example, you can create one role for each workstation that you have, in this case you user can rotate between workstation without problems, only need login with role for this workstation and when printing the invoice this output in present workstation.

Back