Install Deployment TR 9.1

ALaurenzano

I'm trying to install the JDE software deployment in a 64-bit windows server from zero, no other server deployment inside.

I read, and I read and I read the manual again

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24902_01/doc.91/e18836/install_deploy_server.htm

But I can not find my error

hostname= SRVJDE2
Deployment 9.1.0.0-download-server_06_99.par
rename it to zip
unzip to c:\inst\disk1\
and run c:\inst\disk1\ToolRelease\Install\setup.exe
installed in
Name = JDE_DEP900_HOME
path = C:\B9_1

And the message is:

CurrentRelease Registry value not found in
Not a valid server deployment E1

and the installation stops.

I'm missing something?

ALaurenzano,

Two questions:

1) Is your system MTR compliant?
2) What is in the installation log?

hi,

1 Yes
2 the installActions2012-04-24_05-16-22AM.log say:

Key = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SubKey = software\jdedwards\oneworld\install.ini

Value = CurrentRelease
INFO:
Query Exception: GetValueKeyNotFoundException
Query Exception Class: class oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilQueryException
INFO: *** Cancel Dialog: CurrentRelease value not found in Registry. Not a valid E1 deployment server ***
INFO: User Selected: Stop installation of this component only.

the installer thinks it is an update that, and it is not.

Name = JDE_DEP900_HOME
path = x:\JDEdwards\E900

where x:Drive where E900 is currently installed.

This will give Warning : - The Specified directory is not empty. Ignore the error and click next and complete the installation.

Don't forgot to backup jde.ini, system, systemcomp and OneWorld Client Install folder.

Hi eSky,

I want to perform an installation, not an upgrade, this can be done?

this is a fresh install.

Regards

It may be that a previous installation that has been uninstalled, did not clean up properly. It could also be that you have tried several times, unsuccessfully to install the deployment server and it has started but not completed, and subsequent install efforts show update and not new install.

Make sure that all previous uninstallled JDE software and any unsuccessfull installations are properly cleaned up.

hi,

I'm testing on a Virtual (vbox) and the machine is clean, install visual studio 2008 and started the installation of 9.1, only this.

Someone pass me the basic steps and tips for a new installation.

Regards!

Is it possible that during the first part of the install, there was a permissions issue that prevented updating the registry. I have very little experience with Windows Server 2008, but if permissions are at all like windows 7, it could be complicated. Do you have full admin rights to the local computer and all disk drives involved? Has the install be run with the admin rights (in windows 7 this would be "run as administrator" as well as logging on as a local adminstrator)?

I have just completed installing the JDE 9.1 Standalone and forgot a couple of times to "run as administrator" and, of course, it fell over and I had to re-run with "run as administrator".

¡¡¡case closed!!!

I have downloaded from the change assistant and here there are only updates.

The drop from edelivery.oracle.com and does what the manual says.

Thanks to all!

Hi,

I have a question. Regarding your 9.1 install, did you have any issues loading VS 2008 first and then the 9.1 demo in your VM? I am trying to avoid any errors on the install. Will appreciate your feedback?

Thanks,
Denny

Back