Failed to start Excel when clicking the Export Grid Data button

rodrique

When I want to export something to Excel, I get a failed to start Excel notification. Does somebody know the solution to this problem?

Thanks for all the support!

Ro

Attachments

• 175001-Failed to start Excel.png
    175001-Failed to start Excel.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 149
Perhaps you want to consider re-installing MS Office. Or at least you can try to link file type *.csv to Excel.

Anyone find a solution to this? I have a user that ran into this today (it was working fine last night). We've tried reinstalling the JDE Import/Export plugin. We've tried repairing the office install. I cant seem to figure out what is broken. The user has Windows 7 x64 with IE8 ... they are using the 32-bit IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks.

No real solution but a work around. This happens occasionally when exporting security information from P00950 on the web. I close out of JDE, shut down the browser and then it starts to work again. This is the only form where I've had this issue. We have had instances where the data extract was memory bound (exporting 50K rows and 300 columns).

We also have a registry hack that we used to apply to XP, but haven't had to apply that when we started using W7 - 64bit.

All this assumes the user is using IE 7 or 8.

Attachments

• 178448-JDEReg.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 122
I have also come across cases where if Excel was already open when this error would come up, closing Excel would fix the issue.

I've got two users this is happening to ... Excel being open/closed doesnt impact the message. The screwed up part is that when this happens, a new Excel process actually opens but doesnt do anything. As soon as the message saying Excel cannot start is clicked away, that Excel process closes again.

Doesnt matter what table, grid, app they're in they get the same message everytime. Both are on IE8.

Exporting to CSV works fine ... but not directly into Excel which is the only procedure these two users are willing to accept ...

Are you on windows 7 and/or MS 2010?

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Beh alf Of mlaski
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 12:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Failed to start Excel when clicking the Export Grid Data butto n

I've got two users this is happening to ... Excel being open/closed doesnt impact the message. The screwed up part is that when this happens, a new Ex cel process actually opens but doesnt do anything. As soon as the message s aying Excel cannot start is clicked away, that Excel process closes again.

Doesnt matter what table, grid, app they're in they get the same message ev erytime. Both are on IE8.

Exporting to CSV works fine ... but not directly into Excel which is the on ly procedure these two users are willing to accept ...

Re: RE: Failed to start Excel when clicking the Export Grid Data button

The users are both on Windows 7 x64 ... one of them is a user of Office 2010, the other is still on Office 2007. No recent hardware or software changes to either machine.

Re: RE: Failed to start Excel when clicking the Export Grid Data button

I had got the similar issue, but after verify the issue, I found was in the plugin when try to work with office 2010, then you delete the IE Plugin from the user computer and when the JDE asked my, You want install the activeX plugin for excel?, response not and export works it!.

Please try and tell me.

PS.: I use export to xls with Open and Libre office without problems this form.

We had the same issue yesterday and it was caused by the another Excel file opened and the cursor was in one of the cell (edit mode?) on it. Once user exit from the cell by Esc key, then went back to E1 and no error on grid export. (Windows XP SP3, MS Excel 2003, E1 9.0 Tool 8.98)

Book1(999)

Our user had 999 versions of Book1(1, 2,...999) in Downloads folder. Deleted them and the function works again.

When I want to export something to Excel, I get a failed to start Excel notification. Does somebody know the solution to this problem?

Thanks for all the support!

Ro

Even the thread is not that much active,we can add solutions so that it will be there for future reference.

We got the same issue, and found that user was already opened another Excel sheet and a cell was being edited. We just saved, and closed the Excel and we could export to Excel.

Same issue, Yes, you can correct excel and re-do but then the user gets kicked out, if they have multiple applications open it interrupts their entry/updates. Any solution?

Hi cayellis,

Actually, what I meant...
The user was opened another Excel sheet and was editing a cell. The user exited the editing, and was able to export.

Back