MICR Fonts

Scott Beebe

Reputable Poster
Maybe this belongs in the BIP thread, but I there must be some developers here that have had to deal with this. Can someone recommend a good MICR font product? I need to create some checks and I don't want to simply buy the first one I find with google.
grin.gif

You don't have to buy one. There is a perfectly good MICR font available under the GNU license. You can download both TrueType and PostScript from here (link).

I've used it with BI Publisher at a couple of clients.

I found this one, but the website mentions he can't guarantee it will be accepted by the bank. I didn't want to mess with it if there is a possibility it won't work.

Have you used this font personally or know first hand of a project that has used it with out issue?

One of my clients is a well-known restaurant chain (at least on the West coast). They run their A/P checks through BI Publisher, with the GNU MICR TrueType font on the check.

They've been using it for 3 or 4 years.

That is good news. One more little issue....

I have followed all of the instructions from Oracle several times and in different ways, on a windows server and AS400, and I just can't get the MICR font to show up on the PDF. If you can find out from your client how they configured it I would sure appreciate it. It won't be any fun to open an issue with Oracle, you all know how long that will take.

Is this with or without BI Publisher? The procedure is different depending on the answer.

Back