JDE Object Browser 1.3

Re: JDE Object Browser

I think I understand now. You are referring to testing an interactive app. Almost all applications run as web apps in newer releases. Technically this is controlled by a column in F9860 for the object (SIANSIF).

When you test the app from the Object Browser, it simulates the actions that happen when you execute the Run HTML option from OMW. That starts the local web server (if needed) and starts a browser session for the app. If you close out of the app, you should return to the E1 menu. To test another app, just do it from the menu or fast path. The testing ability in the software was more useful for fat client apps when you wanted to test form interconnects.

Craig

Hi All,

I've had a few requests recently that were actually covered by an existing feature. The ER Search option from the Tools menu allows you to search all Event Rules for a specific text string. You can filter the search by object name, type etc. and also ER operation. For example, you can look for all Table IO code for a specific table or look for comments containing a string. We use that to find ER object mods if comments are standardized.

Craig

Hi Craig,

ER search can also be useful if you are looking where a variable or field value is modified.
I used to print the ER into a text file and search in notepad, then go up to the section and/or event.
Now with ER search it's much easier.

PS : Thanks alot for JDE Object Browser and JDE Trace, I use them all the time now and basically automatically install them on any new workstation when I'm beginning a new project. Those two and Selectvar from Sébastien Leclerc, and I'm set
smile.gif

Hi Craig,

I tried installing latest version of jde object brwoser but it is failing again and again.

I dont know but it gives some abrupt error in the very endof the installation
frown.gif

Can you please help me.

My OS is Windows 7, 64 bit.

What exactly is the error you are seeing?

MSIs can be sensitive to where they are located and run from. Perhaps try moving it to a local, fully accessible folder.

I changed my folder somehow and the name and it went. Strange but atleast it worked.

Hi Craig,

As you know, I love your Object Browser, however I am noticing a constant issue when doing a search in ER. Be that a BSFN UBE etc.

If you have more than one window or code open and do a search, clicking back and forth between the 2 seems to wreck the find window.
It disappears and the only way to restart it is to close the windows and start again :(

Hi!!

Does JDE Object Browser" tool refreshes JDE tables/columns/indexes as per upgraded versions ?

If I may request something.

Middle clicking(mouse wheel) to close a window similar to a chrome web browser would be nice.

Hi folks,

An updated JDE Object Browser is available, version 1.3.0.86. Includes a couple of requested features ...

Enhanced workspaces: When saving a workspace, the column layout of any Data Browser instances is saved as well.

Enhanced export of data selection: You can export the data selection for all sections and include row, column and cell selection

Command Line: the -b option (export flags) supports setting 4 so no ER or object specs are exported

http://www.patwel.com/downloads

thanks for all the feedback,
Craig

Hi Craig,

I've noticed an issue with your browser tool. I think it's related to a bare bone record with NULL in certain columns.

If there are records created outside of E1, the record may have a lot of NULL columns.
If records are create through E1, the record seems to have very few or zero NULL columns.

If I use your viewer to browse a table I can only see certain records (non NULL) that were created by E1

However......
If I use UTB I can see any record I wish. Both NULL and non NULL records.

Hi John,

I can't seem to replicate this. You mention that you can only see "certain" records. Is there something about them that is different than the hidden ones? Are you using a filter on a column?

Craig

Hi Craig,

To replicate this try inserting a record into a table using SQL. Bare bones. Insert into F0101 and just map the AN8 and ALKY = TEST for example.
Then create a record in P01012 using ALKY = TEST and then use your browser leaving everything open. No filters entered

If it's anything like here, you'll only see the P01012 entered record....until you use a field to filter.

Strange things is....if your E1 record created an AN8 = 5112345 (for example) and then you typed AN8 = 5112345 in the browser, you'd see it :)
But like I said, if you leave the search open and click find, you don't see it

Only difference I can see is one is full of nulls, the other inserted by E1 isn't

I'll post them below now. (bold = key)

Won't work
(null) (null) (null) 00728 12345678 CB 1 1 (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) (null)

Will work
900057639 00728 104888 SU 0 0 H 0 850 I850JWGEN 112265 R 0 SEABNOHDD 00 0 0 0 0 0 0 1969-12-31 00:00:00 0 0 1969-12-31 00:00:00 0 0 1969-12-31 00:00:00 SS 10071 0 0 0 0 1969-12-31 00:00:00 0 82W476185001 riordino Gen8 7211221825 SAPR01 CZ680517284 FGICUS CLCGAE 0 0 0 EBI EBI EBI 112265 145649 1969-12-31 00:00:00

Still can't get this to happen in how you explain. Any chance a numeric column being inserted by the external SQL has a value greater than the DD definition? For example 8898989898 in AN8 will display as 999999999 since it runs through a JDE formatting routine.

thanks
Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks a lot for such very useful tool, appreciate your dedication and efforts.

I have quick question, while opening the table using the tool's data browser, is there a way to export the record to csv without listing all of the records ?

Thanks a million again :)
Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

Appreciate the kind words. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, but if you just want to export the table layout (columns, not records), open the table in the main tool (not data browser) and export. Let me know if I'm not understanding.

Craig

Hi Craig, Thanks for for your reply.

my question was about exporting table's data.

for example if i have a table of 15000 records and i want to export the entire records to excel .. do i have to press (fetch) and wait for the entire 15000 records to be fetched then press (export Grid) .. or is there a way to export them without waiting to fetch all of them ...

hope that explains my question :)

thanks,
Ahmad

Ahmad,

Yes, at this point the export is directly from the grid. I will look to create a direct table export feature for all rows. I'm sure we'll have to support multiple documents based on the possible # of rows and what Excel supports.

thanks for the feedback,
Craig

Hi Craig,

A wish for your rather useful Explore References function.

Is there any way to export this info to a spreadsheet? Or is there any way to fully nest ALL the calls rather than clicking Explore each time to drill down.

Thanks

John

Back