JDE Object Browser 1.3

craig_welton

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hi all,

A new version of the Object Browser is available for download.
Download Page

A few new features ...

Command Line Interface
Launch from a Windows command line and specify batch export settings. ObjectBrowser.exe -h will display all switches.

Data Selection Exporting
Export the specified data selection for UBEs to a spreadsheet format file(.xml)
Available from Object menu or right clicking the object tree when browsing a UBE.

Processing Option Exporting
Export the specified processing options for APPL and UBEs to a spreadsheet format file(.xml)
Available from Object menu or right clicking the object tree when browsing.

The two exporting functions listed above all also available from the batch export dialog for multiple objects.

Uninstall the previous version, or let the automatic update do its thing.

Once again, thanks for the support, feedback and new ideas. Keep them coming!

Craig

Happy New Year,

Just wanted to let the group know that a few updates have gone into to the Object Browser (latest version 1.3.0.5) ...

Code Search tool from the Tools menu allows you to search all ER and C source for a specific string. It's like "Find in Files" but for ER. The search process can take a while based on the object criteria, but it runs in a background thread and doesn't tie up the interface. Clicking on the resulting matches will bring you right to the line of code.

Also some enhancements to BSFN exporting and other eye candy.

thanks again for all the ideas,
Craig

Great tool Craig!

My way to compare two E1 objects (without the ERCompare) is to save the (full) object specs in a text file, and then use the BeyondCompare tool to identify differences. Can you add this functionality to JDE OB?
Thank you,

Hi Adrian,

Just trying to figure this out ... are you looking for OB to do the comparison or just facilitate launching Beyond Compare (or some other compare tool) with two spec export files to compare?

Craig

Hi Craig,

The install goes through fine however when I try to launch the tool I get the attached error. I ried this on two machines and got the same error. Could this be a problem with the installer ?

Attachments

• 175888-ObjectBrowserError.JPG
    175888-ObjectBrowserError.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 293
Thanks, it works after installing the microsoft fix.

The machine is running XP SP2

Hi all,

We just added a user interface update a bunch of people have asked for. You can now create horizontal tab groups of objects you currently have open. See attached screenshots for example.

Thanks for the feedback!

Craig

Attachments

• 177686-TabGroups.pdf
    181.8 KB · Views: 253
Hi Craig,
Is it possible to add "Date Conversion Tool" in JDE Object Browser, the same as the one in JDETrace, most the time I'm working with JDE Object, if I want to consult the conversion tool, I have to open JDETrace or other Date Converter tools instead. Other point, ER Compare, it will be a nice feature.
Thanks
Mo
smile.gif

Thanks Mo,

Sure, I'll add a date converter to the next update.

When you say ER Compare, you are referring to the standard JDE tool, right?

Craig

Thanks Craig for "Date Converter" I appreciate your gesture.
Have a nice day
Mo
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Craig, I'm having difficulty using the command line interface.
For instance I'm running: ObjectBrowser.exe -u JDE -p 123 -e DV900 -o P4210
But I keep getting the standard full client login window popping up. And if I log in to this window I see that it ignored the rest of the command line parameters. This testing is being done on a Windows 7 system with the 8.98 full client installed.

Thanks, this is a great tool you've created.

Hi Ron,

Remove the spaces from the parameter markers.

objectbrowser.exe -uHOMER -pDUFFBEER -eDV900

thanks,
Craig

I found the solution to my command line issue. You need to make sure there are no spaces between the flag and it's argument. So in my example it should be written as:
ObjectBrowser.exe -uJDE -p123 -eDV900 -oP4210

Note: If you have an argument with spaces in it you can enclose the flag and the argument with quotes:
ObjectBrowser.exe -uJDE -p123 -eDV900 -oP4210 "-dC:\Code Library\DV900"

Hello All,

Version 1.3.0.41 was released today. This introduces the option to choose ER, object properties or both when exporting an object.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

Craig

Hi Craig,
I am using your JDE_OB more and more, as I found it has multiple advantages over its competitor(s). One of them is the easiness to extract specs / data from different locations (environments).
Today I have only one question (but they may be coming more, as I use the browser more). Here it comes ...
Why do my Production & Pristine environments show event rules parameters that are not used by the business functions/app/ube calls as 'undefined', whereas Development and Prototype do not? See attached screenshot.
Thank YOU for A GREAT product,

Attachments

• 183097-P48201 PD-DV Compare - Undefined Parameters.pdf
    40.2 KB · Views: 140
Thanks Adrian. Glad you find the tool useful.

As for the BSFN parms, what shows up is what exists in the GBR spec record for that BSFN call. From your example, it looks like unmapped parms are not stored in the record in some cases. That may be a tools release difference, I don't know.

If it's causing you grief, I could add an option to supress unmapped BSFN parms when displaying ER.

Craig

Re: JDE Object Browser

Hi!
the explorer applications do not open up in JDE-9.1 standalone.
please advice

regs/Ravi

Hi,

What exactly is not working? Can you send a screen shot? While I don't use standalone currently, all initial 9.1 testing was done using that without issue.

Anyone else not able to use it with standalone 9.1?

thanks
Craig

Hi!
I believe it is defaulted to browse the application through the i.e/webserver

well,how to get the explorer view of the menu and all on the i.e
now , every time after closing the interactive application , i have to start all over again from the menu and go to the next application where I did check one before
this is a very time consuming.
Please advice if there is any setting for this

regs/

Back