Thread: View PDF open automatically from web client

View PDF open automatically from web client

We have recently upgraded from XE to 9.0. All users are now web clients. When the users click on View PDF from Submitted jobs, another window pops up "Do you want to open or save file". Is there a setting that can be changed so the PDF opens without having to click open or save?

Thank you,
    DEddy

Thanks,
    D Eddy
    JDE E1 9.1.3.3
    IBM i on Power Systems V6R1 (all-in-one)
    Websphere 7.0
    W2008 R2 Deployment Server

Re: View PDF open automatically from web client

Did this a while ago on 8.96 TR. had to look it up again though and here is what I found on the support site

"This is controlled by the "UBEContentDisposition" parameter in the [OWWEB] section of the JAS.INI. By default, it is set to true. To have PDFS open immediately, set it to false and restart the instance(s) of JAS"

Refer to support document - 1284542.1 on the support site for more details and to understand the impact of doing this change
    EnterpriseOne Xe to 9.2
    Windows/ Unix / AS400
    Oracle , SQL Server, DB2
    WAS , WLS
    AppWorx, Tidal , SmartScheduler

You may also want to look at our Total Rapport solution - this would save your users a few more mouseclicks...
    Regards,
    Alexander Pastuhov
    http://www.everestsoftint.com/

You can check out the Downloads section here also. I put in a quick modification post to click on the report name itself to open it instead of using the menu and View PDF. Look for the post: Clickable PDF Output in View Job Status
    [iSeries/AS400 520 M25 V6R1 LPAR'd] [E900 Update 2] [8.98.4.7] [HTML-iSeries/AS400, WAS ND 7.0.0.11] [Central Objects-AS400]

Good one Icey,
    It's Working!
    PS You taught me how to fish today.
    Thank You JDEList,
    Adrian,
    E1 9.1 TR 9.1.4.7 08-13-2014_07_7 MSQL 2012 SP1 x64, WebLogic 12c, all on WIntel 2012 x64
    3rd Party Software: All Out Security 3.2, TransForm 5.3, SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 12
    In the Cloud!

Thanks for the information. We will check to see if this works better for us.
    Thanks,
    D Eddy
    JDE E1 9.1.3.3
    IBM i on Power Systems V6R1 (all-in-one)
    Websphere 7.0
    W2008 R2 Deployment Server

[ QUOTE ]
    We have recently upgraded from XE to 9.0. All users are now web clients. When the users click on View PDF from Submitted jobs, another window pops up "Do you want to open or save file". Is there a setting that can be changed so the PDF opens without having to click open or save?

Thank you,
    DEddy

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread caught my eye. Here's a write-up on why this occurs:

http://jeffstevenson.karamazovgroup....seone-web.html

"There has always been an issue opening PDF files from the Work with Submitted Jobs list in the EnterpriseOne web client - the end user is prompted to determine what they wish to do with the file when, chance are very good that they want to open it. The problem is related to how the PDF content is delivered to the browser by the E1 code and how the browser handles that content."

We developed a solution called "Live Report" this solution enable your user to see immediatly submitted job on their pc and to manage pdf file generated for example to copy them or mail them.
    If you want further information you can contact me
    gg

Gigi,
    you need to put some kind of video on youtube to show this kind of magic :-)
    E1 9.1 - TR 9.1.4.4 AS400 + WIN2008 - WAS 8.5

Thread Information