How to retrieve application's name?

Andrew2009

Well Known Member
How to retrieve application\'s name?

is there a function to retrieve the current running application?

For example, let's say my application is PXXX, instead of hardcode that name in the ERs, I want to call a function to retrieve its name and return PXXX

Re: How to retrieve application\'s name?

Hello Andrew,

You can get the current running application using jdeGetApplicationName(). I looked for a BSFN to retrieve this info using this API on E1 9.0 TR 8.98.3.4 but I didn't find anything.
But I found some BSFNs that use this API. Maybe you can use them to develop a custom BSFN.

Hope this help you,

Luis.

PS: I know this because of Remo. Remo, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

no problem luis.

as for the 'small wrapper c function' for jdeGetApplicationName() and jdeGetApplicationVersionName() i mentioned in that post (#167738): the other day i stumbled upon a mail of a colleague of mine in my archives. seems he made that wrapper bsfn (to get both calling app name and version), and yes, it works in interactive apps as well. however, he made some notes about different behaviour on web vs fat client, and remote vs local logic. but this was 2007. dunno the current situation. you'll have to check for yourself.

What BSFNs should I use please?

I'm using E1 9.0

HI,

Try b4902660. The calling application name is always stored in the lpBhvrCom which is the main comm data structure in all business functions no matter at what level. It also holds other information like the view and form names and so on.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hi all,
I need to get the version of an application calling a BSFN (cannot pass it via DSTR, long story). I was looking at the BSFN B4902660 but cannot find it on E8.12.
How can I use jdeGetApplicationVersionName()?

Thanks

Back