Developer Local Web Client

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

I have trouble on the localhost i installed all the required component but when i run the enterpriseone menu from Fat client. It start the web service and open browser but dont load the menus, Just says open applications.
I believe i am missing something. If someone help will be appreciated or any document?

I have installed IIS.
Visual Studio C++ .NET 2003.
SQL Native Driver for SQL Server 2005.
Websphere Express 6.0.
Webdeveloper Feature called H4A6_setup.exe
Fat client.

Thanks
AD

R8.12
T8.98

You need to ensure that your jas.ini / jdbj.ini & jdelog.properties files are setup correctly in your E812 \system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes directory.

Point your log files somewhere you can quickly retrieve them from (i.e. e812\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\log directory).

Once you are happy that everything is set correctly try again (having logged out of JDE and cleared out the log directory) - If that does not work then check the logs in the directory you have pointed to in your jdelog.properties file.

The location of the log files for the local web is controlled by the jdelog.properties file. Terry has already said where the location of that file is.

Once you start to edit it, you will see there are different sections of the file, each with a line that has a location on the disk to store a log file. Modify these lines to save the files to somewhere within easy reach.

Restart JDE, and try to go to the local web again. If/when it fails, retrieve your new log files, and we can try to help you with them.

Hi Guyz
Our file were in E812\JAS\ folder not the above you mentioned.

find below the error from the JAS log
01 Feb 2011 15:24:54,311 [SEVERE] - [JAS] SpecException occured in the JDEOWDirect.getSpec(): | User Name : ADEEL, Environment : DV812, Role : *ALL, Language : null com.jdedwards.base.spec.SpecException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource BSFNUBEDSTR-D9800150C.
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot open database "JDELocal_DV812" requested by the login. The login failed.
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.IOBuffer.processPackets(Unknown Source)

That message means either the password isn't right (to the local database), the database isn't mounted, or there's something wrong with the JDBC driver.

1 - Do you have any messages in your JDE.LOG to go with the JAS logs?
2 - What JDBC driver do you have, and what directory is it in?

Check your JDBJ.ini setting [JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]it should be map to your local database.
If this is not properly configured, then you will not get the menus on your local webclient.
Compare it with your Local jde.ini and configure it.
I hope this helps.

Ankur

Hello there
I dont see anything wroing with JDE.log for JAS the jdbj file is located at C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\classes

Also i changed the spec entry to point to my local db which is SPEC_DV812 but no luck

Aside jdbc/jas/jde is there any other area i need to look? Also when i refreshed the brosers it says "no application running on the menu" area.

Thanks
AD

Well, that's not what you should have pointed to. It's supposed to be pointed to the Local MSDE (or SSE) data source. The lines should look something like:

name=Local - PY812
databaseType=M
server=localhost
serverPort=3372
database=JDELocal_PY812
physicalDatabase=JDELocal_PY812
owner=dbo
lob=false
unicode=true
databaseInstance=JDELocal
user=sa
password=

They will be slightly different if the local database is SSE (i.e. databaseType=X and possibly some other changes).

Hi Adeel,
Can you send the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS - SECONDARY] section from JDE.ini and Spec data-source section from your jdbj.ini.

Regards,
--
Ankur

Things to check. On your DS, check the <Deployment Server>\OneWorld Client Install\Install.inf file and check the attributes section. See KG Document ID 867203.1.

[Attributes]
DataByPathCode=1
LocalDS=OneWorld Local

--------------------------------------------
Check the local jde.ini:

[LOCALWEB]
# Installation flag, if it is 0, no HTML testing setup, disable all HTML testing
AppServerInstalled=1

# Datasource containing serialized specs for web runtime
# Used for synchonization of specs through JDB
Spec Datasource=EnterpriseOne SSELocal

# Name of local web server, localhost is default but may not be valid always.
webhostname=localhost

*** EnterpriseOne SSELocal is defined as a System ODBC entry.

--------------------------------------------
Check the jdbj.ini

This is what it looks like for our 9.0 using SQL SSE:

[JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]
name=OneWorld Local - DV900
databaseType=X
server=localhost
serverPort=3372
database=System - 900
physicalDatabase=JDELocal_DV900
owner=dbo
lob=false
unicode=true
databaseInstance=JDESSELocal
user=sa
password=

For the name setting we had to change Local - 900
to OneWorld Local - DV900

Here is the info you guys might help to identity my problem. i have JDESSELocal instance for local machine and only one database called SPEC_DV812AB i want to run the webclient in DV.

C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\classes\JDBJ.ini

[JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]
name=OneWorld Local - DV812
databaseType=X
server=localhost
serverPort=3372
database=JDELocal_DV812
physicalDatabase=JDELocal_DV812
owner=dbo
lob=false
unicode=true
databaseInstance=JDESSELocal
user=sa
password=

c:\windows\jde.ini

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
Version=43
Default User=JDE
Default Role=*ALL
Default Env=JDV812
Default PathCode=DV812
Base Datasource=System - 812
Object Owner=SY812
Server=ENTERPRISE
Database=ENTERPRISE
Load Library=
Decimal Shift=Y
Julian Dates=Y
Use Owner=Y
Secured=Y
Type=S
Library List=
Library=
DatabaseName2=JDE812
DatabaseInstance=
ServerPort=1433
JDBNETUse=N
UnicodeFlag=Y
LOBFlag=N
ConnectionPooling=0
Default Pwd=_

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS - SECONDARY]
Base Datasource=OneWorld Local - DV812
Object Owner=dbo
Server=(local)
;Database=JDELocal_DV812
Database=EnterpriseOne SSELocal
Load Library=
Decimal Shift=Y
Julian Dates=Y
Use Owner=Y
Secured=Y
Type=X
Library List=
Library=
DatabaseName2=JDELocal_DV812
DatabaseInstance=JDESSELocal
ServerPort=
JDBNETUse=N
UnicodeFlag=Y
LOBFlag=N

Well, that's a problem all right. You definitely need to be seeing at least 2 databases in SSE, one that holds the specs from the installed package (SPEC_DV812) and another for other local data (legacy cached tables like UDCs and menus, plus the local F989998 and F989999).

Look around for database files beginning with JDELocal, and see if you can attach them to your local SSE. (This would definitely cause connection problems if the database wasn't mounted.
smile.gif
). Then trying logging in again, and see what messages are produced this time.

Here's my local 900 client, similar, but references PS even though I log into DV900:

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS - SECONDARY]
Base Datasource=Local - PS900
Object Owner=dbo
Server=(local)
Database=EnterpriseOne SSELocal
Load Library=
Decimal Shift=Y
Julian Dates=Y
Use Owner=Y
Secured=Y
Type=X
Library List=
Library=
DatabaseName2=JDELocal_PS900
DatabaseInstance=JDESSELocal
ServerPort=
JDBNETUse=N
UnicodeFlag=Y
LOBFlag=N

Do you have this later on in the local JDE.INI?

[LOCALWEB]
# Installation flag, if it is 0, no HTML testing setup, disable all HTML testing
AppServerInstalled=1

# Datasource containing serialized specs for web runtime
# Used for synchonization of specs through JDB
Spec Datasource=EnterpriseOne SSELocal

# Name of local web server, localhost is default but may not be valid always.
webhostname=localhost

# web server port , Websphere Express default is 7080
webport=9080

Thanks for everyone replies:

I dont see the JDELOCAL in my entire file system? I found the JDELOCAL_PY812 though,
Should I rename the file to DV812? if not how this file get created by installing the DV package to local which i already did.

Thanks
AD

Your DV full package installation did not attach a JDELocal_DV812 database? You don't have a JDELocal.mdf and .ldf under your DV812 directory?

Since it is a database, you cannot just copy the files to DV812. If you were to try, it would say the files are in use (by SSE). You would have to detach JDELocal_PY812, copy the files, rename them, attach the files as JDELocal_DV812, or stop the SSE service and do the same things.

However, I think it would keep your system more sound if you let the package installation do it instead.

Yahooooo , I can see the menus now. I renamed the file as i discussed ealier.

Now i'm getting the following error when open employee master. Is there any thing else i need to do?

I found one file on the PY812\data folder where the DB was there called setup.inf. May be i need to copy or need to do something with that?

Thanks
AD

Error 500: LinkageError while defining class: com.jdedwards.xmlp.exceptions.FileTypeNotSupportedException Could not be defined due to: com/jdedwards/xmlp/exceptions/FileTypeNotSupportedException (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) This is often caused by having a class defined at multiple locations within the classloader hierarchy. Other potential causes include compiling against an older or newer version of the class that has an incompatible method signature. Dumping the current context classloader hierarchy: ==> indicates defining classloader ==>[0] com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader@5394ce12 Local ClassPath: C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\classes;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\activation.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\ApplicationAPIs_JAR.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\ApplicationLogic_JAR.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\auditScripts.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\AutoPilot_JAR.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\Base_JAR.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\batik.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\bicmn-nls.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\bicmn.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\bipres-nls.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\bipres.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\BizLogicContainerClient_JAR.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\BizLogicContainer_JAR.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\BusinessLogicServices_JAR.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\castor.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\commons-codec-1.3.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester-1.7.jar;C:\e812\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\lib\commons-httpclient-3.0.jar;C:\e812

The basic problem is you are using WebSphere 6.0 with Tools Release 8.98.3.x or higher. This message only comes when there is a mismatch in JDK level, and 8.98.3 uses JDK 1.5, while WebSphere 6.0 uses JDK 1.4.

Somehow, you'll have to synchronize the JDKs being used between the Tools Release and WebSphere. Since WebSphere 6.0 stopped being supported after 8.98.2, it seems that your best bet is to install WebSphere 6.1 and run H4A61_setup.exe instead.

For reference to what I say, read this (Oracle Doc ID 1184034.1).

Thanks Ken

When i tried installing the web 6.1 the screen just flash and installer does not show up, May be i required to update websphere too? Or there is something else?

Thanks
AD

What I am telling you is to upgrade the JDK level of what you have.

You can either: a) Try upgrading the existing WebSphere 6.0 (I don't think that would work) or b) Upgrade to WebSphere 6.1 first, then use the H4A61_setup file to install the web dev client for WAS 6.1.

Back