Russian Customs Declaration Note (CDN) Requirement

Doogie

Dear Forum, I've been asked to start looking at the business requirement to enter and track the CDN number (Russia local requirement) on purchases and then track this all the way through to sales - so you can see the margin based on the CDN Purchase to Sales price. There are more details relating to this, but one issue is the inability of the business to define correctly the local/legal requirements for this enhancement/date-item. I read that SAP has dedicated an entire local solution to meet this need in Russia - has anyone had experience of this and specifically in relation to JDE?

Best Regards

Doogie
JDE 8.12

Its better to check for localization with Oracle. OR if you have any JDE user in that country who can give more info on that.

"OR if you have any JDE user in that country who can give more info on that."

I think that's why he posted to JDELIST

Hello Doogie,

Never heard about the requirement to analyze profitability at CDN level, but Russian companies that purchase goods abroad MUST track inventory by CDN anyway.

First of all, local tax authorities often ask you for a kind of sales reports against a particular CDN.
Another reason is Russian sales invoice where for each line you must print information about country of origin of imported goods, CDN, and CDN position no. (CDNs consist of sequentially numbered positions).

Not sure if this is implemented in 8.12, but this is my experience with two Russian companies (World and OW XE):

The practical solution is to create new lots for each combination of CDN and country of origin (and, maybe, something else if you want lot definition more detailed e.g. if you want to split your inventory by expiration date). Then, populate Memo Lot 1-3 fields with proper information. This will be enough to satisfy legal requirements and fulfill your task (just link PO and SO by lot and you’ll be able to compare purchase and sales prices).

Also consider volumetry. If the volume of your import operations is huge then the best solution is to build an interface between you and your customs broker to receive CDN info automatically into JDE.

Regards,
Igor

Igor,

Many thanks for your reply. It's enough to get me started on an approach.

Best Regards

Doogie

Back