Availablity of JD Edwards over Cloud computing

[ QUOTE ]

We won't see JDE hosted on a public cloud like Amazon's. Private clouds for outhosted JDE have been around for a while and will continue to grow. Our private cloud is on the leading edge but makes sense for our long term strategy.

- Gregg

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - I guess that prediction was wrong. I can see how some companies might be interested, but I would have some concerns about the security of the data. The other issue is the responsivness of the outhosted firm. They keep me on a pretty tight leash being on-call 24/7. Not sure if an outhosted system on a public cloud would be as responsive. But it's a cool concept for cetain companies.

- Gregg

Hi all,

I've installed JDEdwards on Amazon since 2 years and it works well. We are managing customers on this without any problem.
The only functionality that i can't implement yet is CDN, and this to have better performance when opening attachments (Media Objects) or PDF because of network latency.
You can send me a private message if you want an url with a demo account to access our E1 9.1, Tools 9.1.2 demo platform hosted on Amazon

Back