Suppress Section Write and FRW

CHo

VIP Member
Hi. I created a report using FRW (Financial Report Writer). I need to do a suppress section write based upon if a calculated column is zero or not.

What event do I need to put the suppress section write in? I have tried several events like column inclusion on the calculated column, do tabular break etc., but it's still not working.

I second Peterbruce's reply. In a tabular secion, the column inclusion event happens at each fetch from the database. The do section happens after all the rows from the database have been rolled up. Also, in a tabular section, printing happens during the do section event. Therefore to suppress printing based on the aggregated values, you need to use the do section event.

Thanks guys for your help.

I was confused about the flow of events in FRW. With RDA, it's easy.

Suppress section write at "Do Section" not working as expected.

Hi,

I tried suppressing at "Do Event". But it does Suppress all the pages after condition satisfied irrespective of data in next page. Please refer the attachment. I write suppress section write code in Do Section for Total Net Expenses, Total Manhours and Total Repairs Manhours rows for all columns. As we have data in 5th page, then expected output will be pages 1 to 4 get suppressed and page 5 will come in output.
But, after Suppress section write at Do section, only first page get printed and other got suppressed.
Expected output is to suppress pages whenever Total Net Expenses, Total Manhours and Total Repairs Manhours rows for all zeros. How can we handle this??
View attachment R550920A_PH003_D170113_T054406455.pdf

I second Peterbruce's reply. In a tabular secion, the column inclusion event happens at each fetch from the database. The do section happens after all the rows from the database have been rolled up. Also, in a tabular section, printing happens during the do section event. Therefore to suppress printing based on the aggregated values, you need to use the do section event.

Nitichdhry,

As JdeInNJ hasn't been on JDEList since 2014, I'll attempt to help.

The Suppress Section Write system function stops the writing of any out put for that section for the current record being processed. If the output for the section for a specific record produces 5 pages, the there would be no pages produced if Suppress Section Write system function is executed.

If you are getting missing output from records where you are expecting output, maybe you should look at your event rules. A debug (level 6) might help determine when the Suppress Section Write system function is executed.

Hi Peter,

Do you have any idea, writing code on which event might help. Because I have tried on multiple events, but it won't work for me.

Thanks
Niti Chaudhary

Niti,

The best way forward would be to get a level 6 debug log and attach it to you JDEList post. The UBE event rules would be good to attach too. Remember you can only attach one file per post.

Back