CFR Auditing

SRI,

CFR Auditing is a bit more complex than can should be explained here.

First - find the CFR manual and glaze through it (your eyes will go all foggy on about page ten)....

You may (MAY) want to partner with someone that has done it a few times - it's not just 'turn on' type functionality. It has some Database repercussions that you need to consider (thus, the manual)...

(db)

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve done this and perhaps there is more recent documentation but you could start by looking for these.

CFR 11 white paper oti-02-0102-02
E1_Tools_8.96_Auditing_Admin_inc_21_CFR__Rev_1
ERP 8.0 Auditing Administration including 21CFR Part 11

Michael
B7.1.4 to EnterpriseOne 9.0

Hi. My company wants to audit F4006. They are thinking about turning on CFR auditing. Once CFR is turned on for a pathcode, are all tables within that pathcode being audited? Or can we pick and choose which

CFR is based on specific tables and yes you can pick and choose. But again as (DB) said take a look at the manuals .. you will be ending up with A4006 table corresponding to F4006 on your DB side. Also it would add some extra steps to your data refreshes ... like turning it off and on.

And with my exp .. I doubt your co. will stop at F4006 ..there will be more tables which will follow! ;-)
Just my 2c !!!

CHo,

consider Database Triggers as an alternative to turning on 21 CFR.
Its a much less invasive approach.

Basically what you do is:

IN JDE:
---------
1. Copy the Table Definition to a '55' version in omw (create a F554006L). (2 minutes)
2. Edit the Table Definition and add a new Date/Time Stamp field (or some unique serialized field value). Add this field to the Primary Key of the Table (at end). (5 minutes)
3. Generate the Table (create the table in the database). (< 1 minute)
4. Create a JDE Business View (V554006L) 4 for the table (2 minutes)
5. Create a Application (P554006L) with one (1) Form - a simple Find/Browse form - based on the V554006L view.

DATABASE:
-------------
At the database level create a After Update Trigger on F4006 that writes the contents of the updated row in F4006 to F554006L.
Changes to rows in F4006 will now automatically be logged into F554006L.

We have ~ 20 tables we've done this for and have provided Row exits in the main Apps to view the Change History for an Item, a Work Order, etc.

Hi Larry.

Thanks for the advice. I did present database triggers as an option and it was rejected along with table triggers. The other two options remaining are CFR or mod the P4006 to add new record to audit table.

Back