Copy file to PRINTER?

PavelK

Hello all,
please do you know how to send file to printer?
Equivalent to
Windows: PRINT /D:\\10.10.10.10\Printer file.txt
or equvivalent to
UNIX: lp -d<PrintName> file.txt

I do not know command for AS400.

We produce file with internal ZEBRA language. And I would like send this file to printer.
ZEBRA is network printer with IP address 10.10.10.10

Thank you in advance
P.

On the iSeries you can use the copy file command (CPYF). The TOFILE parameter can be *PRINT to generate a printed copy of a file. The report is not all that sexy but it will print the file out for you.

Stan

I assume you are referring to spooled output generated on the IBM i. In the outq where the spool is, do a '2' CHGSPLFA and prompt with F4. Specify the outq name that your Zebra printer is attached to. Press Enter. Release the spool if it is on hold. It will print on Zebra if printer i powered on and ready and connected to your IBM i outq.

Thank you to all.
I run E1 E9.0 on AS400 (aplication server). Users have not access to green screen.
I am searching simple CL command for copy my file.
My idea is:
Run UBE and create TXT for zebra printer as file.
At endind event of UBE I would like call external command (CL command) to copy TXT to printer.
For example when FAT running on WINDOWS app server then I may use:
PRINT /D:\\10.10.10.10\ZEBRAFerox File.TXT and It works.

You can create a PrintFile CRTPRTF and associate it with an OUTQ. Then copy your text file to the PrintFile with QSH and Rfile. The advantage of using a Print File is that you can specify ASCII output, and turn off replacement of unprintable characters such as <esc>(not sure if Zebra requires that, Sato does).

This is probably too late to matter, but what type of file are you trying to print? If it is a data file, just printing it may not yeild statisfactory results (ie. packed fields). If it is a spool file - which is already formatted for printing, why not create a printer device on the iSeries and point it to the printer. THen move the spool file to the output queue associcated with the printer and it will magically print.

Hi Pavel,

I am trying to print bar code label using Zebra TLP 2844 print from JDE 9.0. I created report to print label in PDF and tried printing from local and Label is getting printed properly. But when I am trying from server (i series As400), it is not printing any thing. I saw you solution that you took text file out of jde and sent to printer. If possible, could you share that code with me? I need the text file format for Zebra printer.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Swapnil
Senior Technical Analyst

hi Pavel,
I am looking for a similar kind of solution. I trying to print the barcode and print it on the print on the PDF.i am facing issue related to this. Can you share your thought on how you have achive this print . Can we read the prn file and then we can print those on the printer.

Regards
PVD

zebra is a programming language consisting of a series of instructions on a spool file. The spool file is sent to print at a zebra bar code printer which interprets each line of instructions. If there are any errors in the zebra instructions, the printer will not print.

[ QUOTE ]
hi Pavel,
I am looking for a similar kind of solution. I trying to print the barcode and print it on the print on the PDF.i am facing issue related to this. Can you share your thought on how you have achive this print . Can we read the prn file and then we can print those on the printer.

Regards
PVD

[/ QUOTE ]
it seems every barcode can be printed on different files ,you may try it

Back