JDE Package Management Automation [Assemble/Build & Deploy]]

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hello All,

Need to know is there any way to Automate JDE Package Management [Assemble/Build & Deploy], if any one has implemented then please share.
A] With in JDE Package automation[Custom application/Report]
B] Any Third party tool for Automation of Package

Thanks in Advance.

I have been working at a jde customer that is using PACKMAN. This product assembles, builds and deploys packages automatically. We only needed to set the project status to a certain status to let the tool pick up the project and build all the objects in from this project and all other projects in the same status. It made the CNC personnel not having to worry about package builds anymore. The just receive emails the packages are being build and deployed and the developers and testers can subscribe to getting emails for package build reports for any pathcode they want. The product is developed by a oracle partner in the Netherlands called forza consulting. I'm sure they have a page about this solutionn on their website.

I have had a look at their site some weeks ago when this topic was fresh on another thread. It does not give any details about how the product works and the cost. It seems to be a very expensive product that will require their consultants to configure it for you.

Hi,

It's possible to obtain a trial version of the product for a month. Then you can decide for yourself whether or not it is too complex and/or whether it is worth the investment.

We use customer P559631 to schedule server deployment

We use the standard apps to advance projects for deployment, package assembly and build.
We then use P9631 to create the deployment records.
Then, we created a copy of P9631 called P55961 to schedule deployment during off-hours
The custom P559631 uses the deployment date/time entered in P9631 to schedule the deployment.
The P559631 counts the number of seconds until the scheduled deployment date and waits that amount of time to then deploy.
During this time, the JDE session (DEP910 on the deployment server in our case) must remain active.
After P559631 completes deployment for the server package, it queries the SvrPkgBuild.log file to determine if deployment was successful and sends out status message.

I've used PACKMAN from Forza. From installation to setting up the schedule, it was a very straightforward piece of software. It's one of my favourite JDE admin tools. By scheduling non-production builds 3x a day (first thing in the morning, at noon, and at the end of the day) and simply augmenting with manual builds as required, we were able to take a large majority of our package builds out of CNC hands while keeping the development and analyst teams happy.

All you really need to do is set up rules that dictate the status from which it'll build. For example, we set ours up so that at the scheduled times it would take all OMW projects at status 22 and build them for the DV pathcode. And once successfully built, advance them to status 23 to denote they've been deployed to DV.

If anyone's actually interested in automating their package builds I'd highly recommend getting in touch with Forza for a demo.

There is a tool called JDE-AutoPromote / JDEBuildIT. This is a JAVA build tools that runs outside of JDE with only a couple of custom objects that are installed. It will assemble, build and deploy packages based on OMW Project status or project name.

https://jdeexperts.com/jdebuildit

Back