Deleting Favorites for a user

J Thomas

J Thomas

We allow users to save applications and reports to the Favorites folder. After being on E1 for a year now, we have had a couple of instances where we changed an application and corrected the menu but the user had a link to the old application version in their favorites.

My CNC can use SQL to rip them out through the back door but, I am hoping there a way to manage those using some JDE application. Any suggestions?

If the back door is the only way, anyone have some SQL code I can use?

Joe,

You have bumped into the reason why we never allowed favorites in the first place, the fact that it takes menu control out of the hands of the CNC. The favorites are stored in a table, don't ask me which one. Your CNC or DBA could go in to that table and rip out the bad entries. Once you have developed a procedure for that, I would recommend that you make that a semi-annual task.

I don't have an exact SQL written for this yet but the root favorites folder is saved in the F9000 as '@<user id> in the field TMTASKNM. For example, if the users user id is USER1 then search for '@USER1' in the TMTASKNM field in the F9000. Take the value from the TMTASKID for this record and use it as the search value for the TRPARNTTSK field in the F9001 to find all the items under the users favorites. All the values that come up under the TRCHILDTSK field will be what the user has under their favorites. Of course you'll need to match those keys back to the F9000 to see what those keys actually transate to for the task id and description.

Here is the code my CNC came up with for deleting all of a particular users favorites. We are using SQL server.

DELETE FROM PRODCTL.F9001 t
WHERE t.TRUSER = 'USERNAME'
AND t.TRRLTYPE = '98'
AND t.TRPARNTTSK != '98'

Thanks for the replies. Hope this code helps the next person.

Thanks, Peter. I knew where they were stored. I was just looking for something besides the back door to be able to modify them for a particular user. Guess that doesn't exist.

You can delete all favorites for a particular user:
For F9000.TMTASKNM ='@USERID', you'll get Parent Task ID in F9000.TMTASKID. Match that Parent TASK ID to F9001.TRPARNTTSK to get all child tasks i.e. all programs added for that particular user.

If you want to delete particular application from a particular user's favorites, use this query:
select A.TMTASKID, A.TMLNGTASK, B.TRUSER, B.TRRLTYPE, C.RLFRROLE, C.RLTOROLE
from PRODCTL.F9000 A, PRODCTL.F9001 B, JDE812.SY812.F95921 C
where B.TRCHILDTSK = A.TMTASKID and A.TMLNGTASK in ('Task Name 1','Task Name 2') and B.TRRLTYPE = '98' and B.TRUSER = C.RLTOROLE and C.RLFRROLE in ('Role 1','Role 2')
Thanks,
Amol Chandane
Technical Lead - JD Edwards E1

Hi

ALLOut Security has an application to help you with this type of problem. It allows you to easily add/change/delete a user's favorites.

Hope this helps

Aidy

Q Software does as well. Delete/Add/Change Favourites for any user. Also allows you to copy favourites from one user to another.

Matt Vanderkooy
Director of Customer Success
ERP-One Consulting Inc.

Hi Aidy and Matt,

It is okay to give the users Third Party application names. Also it will be great if we give user an alternative solution too.

J Thomas,
If I do this task, I will write one custom report with the above logic( with F9000 and F9001). Stay away from SQL as much as you can.

Check out this youtube link for 1 of my security tools for User Favorites

Dave

Back