Purchase Order Interface

PaulThompson

Hello,

I am about to implement purchasing in a department who use a non-jde inventory system. My options are to A: Use JDE purchasing and interface to the 3rd party inventory system (My Preference), or B: Interface from the 3rd party purchasing system to JDE (The department's preference). Could anyone give me some tips on interfacing into JDE Purchasing from third party software. We have the added complication of using commitments/encumberances for POs meaning more files will need interfacing to.

Paul Thompson
IT Business Analyst
Daniel Thwaites PLC
Star Brewery
Blackburn
Lancashire
BB1 5BU

TEL: 01254 686876
FAX: 01254 695285
E-Mail: [email protected]

I'm also looking to interface with food suppliers has anyone interfaced with Sysco or Food Services of America. The quote I received from our support group looks out of line.

I'm also looking to interface with food suppliers has anyone interfaced with Sysco or Food Services of America. The quote I received from our support group looks out of line.

There are several options to integrate with E1: Z tables, XML call object, BSSV or third party software. If you provide your integration requirements, you will get some feedback from this forum (i.e. what needs to be integrated? just purchase orders? does it have to be real time or batch? is it just inbound to E1 or outbound from E1 as well).

SO the users would rather have their known Purchasing application available, no problem. So you can interface with JDE to update inventory and create vouchers for payments. Let the users continue wit their system to reduce the risk. The back office transactions can be integrated with JDE using standard JDE utilities.

Back