Problems to See OutPut When Use Sub Templates

PauloDarte

Hy people! i have one issue that i can't solve! i made a invoice that use subtemplates because complex footers. IN word i make the preview and it works fine! i exported the subtemplates to .xsl and imported the subtemplates in main template! My problem iswhen i submit the report , jde creates a Rd , but when i made view output i dont have nothing to see! dont appears nothing! i can see the source but i cant see the output! in rtf's without subtemplates i can view the output without problem. Someone Know if i have to put the files of the template in one default directory? i upload the file and have all the xsl in the same folder of the original rtf! i'am affraid that jde dont support subtemplates! Someone can help me?

boas ó bacano,

essa sena de peguntar ó pissoal está mal. tu keres é copos cromio!!! deixa os sub-templates y vai mas é comer francesinhas pa Aveiro.

Hi, have you figured out how to solve the issue you described? I experience exactly the same.
Thanks for you help,
PS: reply in English is preferred!

I was wondering if you ever got this solved. I am having the same issue. Just started my foray into BI. I was able to get a simple report to be created but would like to use subtemplates for re-usable headers. Thanks!

Hi,
yes I got it solved with help from Oracle Support. I advise you to read document ID 817099.1 in the Knowledge Base on Oracle Support website. Below is their reply that helped me figuring out how sub-templates work:

"There can be two types of sub templates:
1. Embedded, that is the called sub template will also be part of the parent template and there is no need of using import function.
2. Outside, in this the called sub template will be outside the parent template and we need to use the import function to call the sub template.
<?import:file:///c:/temp/messages.rtf?> and the called messages.rtf should present in the location mentioned in the import functions. This should be on the enterprise server. In order to see the preview it should also be presented on the machine where we are seeing the preview.

Also, there is no need of uploading the sub template in P95600 in JDE. Parent template will load this at runtime.

So, in both types Call function is used to call the sub template. Import is required only in loading outside sub templates.

In your case,you are using import command for .xsl file <?import:TermsConditions.xsl?>, and saved the sub template as Terms_Conditions.rtf. Also you did not mention the complete path in the import command."

Hope it helps,

Thanks I was able to get that working. But I'm now curious as to how to get it to work on the as/400. The import statement needs a specific path, but does the same work if your ES is an as/400?

Glad to hear! Regarding as/400, this becomes too technical for me so I do not know.

got it figured out. Place the called template on the IFS in a folder and use the direct path to it on the import statement.

no luck on import of subtemplate

Hi Jeremey,

Could you help me with the direct Path, I just don't get it to work.
I've placed the files in \BIP on the JDE server and tried several import paths, but maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong and give an example?
So I've created a subtemplate and referenced to it in an rtf which is uploaded in the BI Publisher Object Repository.

<?import:file:////BIP/subtemplate.rtf?>

But the PDF is not generated and the log says "[FONT=&quot]The file may not exist on Enterprise Server.", I've also been looking for a more detailed log, any advise on that?[/FONT]

got it figured out. Place the called template on the IFS in a folder and use the direct path to it on the import statement.

Back