Crystal Reports compared to Oracle BI Publisher

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
from the PDF.

HIGH LEVEL COMPARISON OF CRYSTAL REPORTS WITH BI PUBLISHER
Oracle BI Publisher, with its unique architecture of separating the data model from layout enables multiple layouts per report and reduces the time and cost to create and manage reports. Crystal Reports combines data query and layout definition into a single .RPT file and a new report has to be created every time a requirement for new layout arises even if another report already has the same data.
Oracle BI Publisher leverages familiar desktop applications – Microsoft Office Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Excel to create layouts, enabling non-technical users to comfortably create layouts for their reports. Crystal Reports has a proprietary developer-oriented tool to create reports.
With the use of XML Localization Interchange File Format (XLIFF), an open standard technology for language translation, Oracle BI Publisher supports up to 185 languages and 244 territories. Users do not need to install Oracle BI Publisher in a specific language to build or view a report in that language. Crystal Reports has limited language
Converting reports

once again - don't make your decision based on marketing brochures. Wait til some independent experts review/compare the two, or at least until some brave souls try it and like for the same purpose you intend.

Cheers,

I am very interested in Trying out the BI Publisher. I can already see huge advantages of it over Crystal. I use Crystal to develop my Reports. I also know that it only comes with PeopleSoft 8.12

Zac~Crystal Mangi

Not quite correct.

If you have 8.11 SP1 with 8.97 and install a planner and baseline ESU, BIP can also be yours.

" ... BIP can also be yours"

if you buy it
smile.gif

HI,

I am planning to start working on Crystal Reports with JD Edwards Enterprise One. Can you please share/suggest with few docs so that i can kick start working on it.

Regards,
Gururaj.

Back