Periodic Maintenance - A Series of Short Maintenance Articles

• Thread starter brother_of_karamazov
  • Start date

brother_of_karamazov

Legendary Poster
Recently I realized that my participation here at JdeList has been declining and since I believe that any community is only as strong as its member's unselfish participation, I want to make sure I am doing my part.

As such, I will be posting a series of short articles on the topic of Periodic Maintenance in E1 and supporting systems. Some of the articles will be relevant to you, some will not. Some will be old knowledge that everyone knows, some may be new ideas that will generated peer-review and debate. Some may apply to your platform and some will not.

Regardless, I hope that someone, somewhere gets some benefit and all that I ask is that when you find one that helps, you reply with something along the lines of "Holy Smokes Jeff, I had 14,111,676 records in the F01131M table and had no idea."

I'll be starting soon. When I am done if you have any maintenance items you wish to add, feel free to jump in. I just ask that you start a separate topic if you do and please wait until I finish.

Jeff

Jeff,
I like your web page, great looking Bike.
I think I do have more than 14 million records............
Looking forward to your posts, at a new company and putting together a maintenance plan.

Dave

I was picturing about a hundred CNC's and dba's all switching to a query writer after reading that post and doing a count on F01131M.

blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff,
I like your web page, great looking Bike.
I think I do have more than 14 million records............
Looking forward to your posts, at a new company and putting together a maintenance plan.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's better than picturing a hundred CNCs and DBAs on bikes. That would be a heck of a lot of geeks on wheels......
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well that's better than picturing a hundred CNCs and DBAs on bikes. That would be a heck of a lot of geeks on wheels......
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So, does that mean you hopped on yer bike and rode over to your fancy cross-campus failover site and executed?
smile.gif

use jde_production
select count (*) from proddta.f01131m

sounds like some good reads. What people don't know can hurt them, when their table counts get into the 1M rows...

Back