Dump JDE File Structure into Excel???

sheeba

Reputable Poster
What is the best way to dump JDE File Structures into Excel?

We are looking to do a file compare between the Xe 7333 and 8.12

please help!

thanks
sheeba

You could use the P80010 application and do an export from the grid with the file information.

But if you are looking to do all the files I would think you would use the change documentation showing the differences. This should be out there on their site though I forget exactly where. I would not think you would be manually doing all the files.

Hi Sheeba,

#1: There is an interactive application (P80010 - Table Columns Browse) and you can export these informastion with standard JDE tools
NOTE: This requires extra OCM settings, which can be found on JDEList and on PSFT Customer Connection site.

#2:
Check the Download site of JDEList, as far as I know, there is an Information Tool (or something like) - Dear Author of this tool, excuse me, that I do not name you here. Thanks.

Maybe the 2nd choice fit better to your requirements.

Regards,

Zoltán

Do a search on JDEList post # 109162, and you'll find a great OW Info tool, which allows you to export table definition information to either HTML or Excel, as well as table data. This is one excellent tool!!!

If you are using Cross Reference utility you could select Tables option and
use Data items Used By Tables link to launch the application that would show
structure information for a specific table. You can then export the field
information to excel. However, I do not think this would be a good approach
for comparing lot of files.

Regards,
SMS

i love this jdelist!!! thanks to all for the instant replies

1. Cross Reference Utility method seems like a good idea if it is just a few files in question. (at this point i am not sure how many i have to look up)
2. The jdelist #109162 has a great tool out there. i was able to get a csv on the 7333 - super!!! but am not sure if this will work for 8.12 - i tried that and it seemed like it doesnot work for 8.12
3. The dblook is a little beyond my scope (was not sure how to use that) - yep we are using db2/400

thanks much.

i am so looking fwd to a reply on that tool - if it works on the 8.12

rgds
sheeba

P80010 also maybe a good idea - but we donot have that turned on in Xe and i believe this application has become obsolete from 8.9 and onwards... i thought that application was really cool thou, wonder why they didnot want to carry it over to the newer release ... strange!!!

however let us hope the person who created this amazing tool gets back with an answer soon "if the tool works for 8.12"

thanks
sheeba

I am using 'Interrogator'.

ks2004 <[email protected]>
Sent by: [email protected]
05/10/2007 05:04 PM
Please respond to
JD Edwards=AE EnterpriseOne Developers <[email protected]>

To
[email protected]
cc

Subject
Re: Dump JDE File Structure into Excel???

i love this jdelist!!! thanks to all for the instant replies

1. Cross Reference Utility method seems like a good idea if it is just a
few files in question. (at this point i am not sure how many i have to
look up)
2. The jdelist #109162 has a great tool out there. i was able to get a csv
on the 7333 - super!!! but am not sure if this will work for 8.12 - i
tried that and it seemed like it doesnot work for 8.12
3. The dblook is a little beyond my scope (was not sure how to use that) -
yep we are using db2/400

thanks much.

i am so looking fwd to a reply on that tool - if it works on the 8.12

rgds
sheeba
- XE Release B7333,SP23,DB2 (8.12 upgrade in process) - have worked on
B7322 and XE Release B7334

I have tried the tool on Demo 8.12, and it works for me
smile.gif

can't believe that tool really works!! kudos to tpw_nz or Trevor who developed this tool.

i ran it for a table on both 7333 and 8.12 and the results are amazing.

will run this for a couple more and will confirm to you guys if it really works!!! i will also attach the link to that tool - it is simply great!!!

got to run now... more later.

thanks for refering me to this post #

best rgds
sheeba

Ben,

Go to the JDEList search page and enter the post number in the post number field and click submit.

You can also look at our OneAssist software. Our site URL is in my signature. The trial version is free.

Hi,

DBLOOK is for UDB/DB2, not for DB2/400; both are IBM
database products but are not the same!

thanks Sebastian. gotcha!

You all are THE best!!! i finally got what i was looking for for so long (ever since our upgrade started) - pls check this out for the tool that can dump JDE file structures into Excel (i tried Xe 7333 and 8.12 as well) - and works great!!!

http://www.geocities.com/tpw_nz/

we have some 40 odd JDE files they use to report off using a third party software. And since the layouts from 7333 has drastically changed in 8.12 - it was really important for me to find this out to simplify our work.

thankyou one and all for helping me out.

FYI... Here is what Oracle got back with (just so you know another workaround) :

ISSUE:
Is it possible to export the specifications of a table to Excel. I would like a spreadsheet that includes the data item, alias, type, size and description information.

SOLUTION:
Within the EnterpriseOne toolset, the functionality is not available to Export table design information to Excel. The only option available for output of the table information is to print the table information from within Table Design Aid. There are several enhancement SARs in the system requesting this ability, but currently the functionality is not available.

As a workaround, create a custom report over the tables that contain the desired table information and then export the report to CSV. For example, the F98711 Central Objects table column contains all the Data Dictionary alias names for the columns in each table. This can be filtered by the TDOBNM column which contains the table name. Once the data dictionary alias is determined, the information regarding the data item type and size can be retrieved from the F9210 Data Field Specifications table. The description of the data item can be retrieved from the F9203 Data Item Alpha Descriptions table. Both of these data items store the data dictionary alias name in the FRDTAI column. Finally, index information for the table can be retrieved from the F98713 Primary Index Detail table. This table contains a record for each index and each column within the index.

This type of report would take advanced knowledge of the EnterpriseOne report writer including the ability to use event rules to perform such functions as Table I/O and business functions. However, once a report was created, it could then be exported to CSV and subsequently opened in Excel.

thanks very much again.
sheeba

Back